First Romance.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I fell in love at first sight, it wasn't long before I knew that she was the girl for me, I wanted to marry her. I bought her a nice engagement ring. THEN our relationship started downhill, I hoped against hope that things would work out, then one day she gave me my ring back, and that was the end of our engagement. Hurt and angry, fuming as she walked away, I stuffed the ring into my mouth, crunched it up, and swallowed it. I was eight years old. I had spent nearly a dollar on that ring. In retrospect, I'm lucky only my heart and ego were hurt, running that ring through my system could have been a disaster in more ways than one. Life is cruel. I wonder where that fickle woman is today?

2. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Don't worry TD, you'll get over it when you become an adult.

3. Toto'sDad

Hope springs eternal.

4. Greggorios

Greggorios Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

TD, some days your posts are poetry. Here's Tom Petty's take on that question. One of my favorites and it always brings a tear to these eyes:

drlucky, Ronzo and Toto'sDad like this.
  5. posttoastie

posttoastie Friend of Leo's

Candy is part of growing up. It gets you ready for the real things in life.

[​IMG]

6. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Telefied Silver Supporter

Probably the first Ring of Fire.

Ronzo and Toto'sDad like this.
  7. esseff

esseff Tele-Afflicted

I wonder where that ring is today. :eek:

Skydog1010, Ronzo, stormsedge and 3 others like this.
  8. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

The old jokes about little boys "hating" girls never applied to me......I always liked girls, even when I was too young to grasp "what to do" with them. (not that I understand now) I'm not sure who I would consider my FIRST flame, there could be several. Maybe Becky, at church. I always admired her from a distance, and was only near her at church activities. Probably Kay, who I first came in contact with in Kindergarten.....and we went from there through High School together. Though we were friends, even being partners in ballroom dance competitions, she always "liked" other guys, and treated me like a second-class acquaintance. Obviously, I dated other girls, and eventually married one, but deep down inside I probably carried a torch for her. Until I reunited with her at a reunion, likely our twentieth. She had somehow become a hateful, racist political creature.....180 degrees from me, and I realized that all things DO happen for a reason. She died a few years ago, of cancer. I suspect it was caused by the evil she nurtured in her soul. I still think of her as that sweet young girl I once knew, and not what (for whatever reason) she eventually became. :(

9. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I just remember it came and went quickly. No harm, no foul in my case.

10. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

...although everyone seems to be speaking of childhood and not adolescents and beyond, so...

Toto'sDad likes this.
  11. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Yeah, I fall in "love at first sight" too. Pretty much weekly.... :lol:

12. Toto'sDad

Our earliest romances are the purest! We never forget!

13. Toto'sDad

Me Tooo!

14. naveed211

naveed211 Friend of Leo's

Moral of the story: never grow up!

As far as romance goes, I thought I loved a number of girls over the years. I see now that I just wasn’t emotionally mature, I romanticized being in love and having something of a “trophy” wife (or girlfriend as it were), when in reality I was dating girls I had nothing in common with just because they were pretty. No wonder those relationships for the most part quickly crumbled.

15. Toto'sDad

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

16. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

The lady is probably married to some Senator and wishing that she had stayed with you TD every day of her life .

Toto'sDad, Greggorios and nojazzhere like this.
  17. Tele-friend

Tele-friend Tele-Holic

I thought this thread would be about a new guitar :lol:

18. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Yeah, I always go for the attractive ones, and end up with someone with whom I have no common goals and principles. :(
    I still think I prefer this to a culture where marriages are arranged by the old folks. ;)

19. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

My first romance happened in 1st grade. A pretty girl named Kathy lived down the street and was in also in my school class. She was a blonde and wore the cutest little dresses that looked good on her, and she was also nice, kind and smart. What a combo! All the boys wanted to be around her and my biggest competitor was a pretty cool guy named Chris. I think he had the looks, but I must have had something else because I got to spend a lot of time with her at her house. Her parents would let us play Candyland in her bedroom with the door wide open, and my prize for winning was a kiss. OMG...my heart was a-fluttering! I did give her some type of ring, probably one of the ten cent offerings our local jewelry shop had for us kids.

I took her on my first date. My parents probably helped me clean up as I wasn’t keen on the tub baths I periodically had to take, and I’m sure my mom checked my pockets to remove any stray critters I might have collected for later inspection. They drove us to the local movie theater, surely for the Saturday matinee, and we held hands throughout “The Swiss Family Robinson”.

I don’t remember the dissolution of our romance; it probably involved another boy but I’m not sure who. In any case I don’t remember any heartbreak or other trauma. I saved those for future romances. Kathy remained a distant friend right through high school.

20. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Telefied Silver Supporter

Allison was my first girlfriend. We were both 13 and she was at least 5" taller than me. Our first date was Ice Skating which neither of us knew how to do. I pretended between falls I could teach her. I caught pneumonia a few months later and she came to visit me in the hospital and bought a Pez dispenser and some gum as a get well gift. I wasn't 14 yet so they put me in with the little kids. She moved on after the visit. I suspect it was a Dear John Pez.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.