1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

First post and a new build!

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by grooveht, Sep 19, 2009.

1. grooveht

grooveht TDPRI Member

Hey Gents (and ladies)...new to TDPRI here, although I've been on the Harmony Central and Rig Talk boards for a while. I have a new build under way...not from scratch on my part, just from a body and neck purchased from USACG. To make matters worse, it's not even a traditional Tele-style! :oops:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The stats are:
    Mahogany body with maple top, originally routed S/S now H/S/H (for Tom Anderson-like Cobra action)
    Mahogany neck with rosewood 24 3/4" scale, clear peghead veneer (for more TA Cobra/LP vibe)
    Sperzel Locking tuners
    Anderson H1-/SA1/H2+
    Gotoh tele-humbucker bridge
    Callaham control plate/neck plate/ferrules/neck screws

I need some glue for the nut...I have an Earvana composite nut ready to go (saves some work on my part!). What glue do you recommend? Also, do you have a technique for fixing the neck to the body? Pics, clips and the works to follow as the build comes together, and thanks!

Jeff

2. grooveht

grooveht TDPRI Member

P.S. not my tablecloth, my buddy was holding the parts for me while I was out of town ;)

3. jay1970

jay1970 Tele-Meister

Yeah right..lol

4. kyle1167

kyle1167 Tele-Holic

Are the bridge mounting holes and string through holes placed correctly for the scale length your using? I trust you told USACG that the neck and body were for the same build.

5. grooveht

grooveht TDPRI Member

Yup...the neck is a 24 3/4 conversion...worked with Tommy from USACG the whole way and he knew what I had intended, so it should work? I'm Ron Burgandy?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.