First Pedal Board Questions

Headless Axeman

Tele-Meister
Am I the only country guy who doesn’t run a comp?

To be honest, I have little doubt that a comp will be sticking around. Next time I get a chance, I'm going to dedicate a good hour just to working with it and figuring out how much value it has for me.

Final. Final? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Is nobody here going to tell him?

Ha. I know how how these things go. It's why I had "final" in quotes. The point being that the current state of the board is almost totally in flux--like a tryout situation. I plan to bring in some more dirt pedals (a Tumnus is in the mail, maybe an ODR-1, Wampler Belle, Special Cranker or Westwood) and try out some other timing/modulation stuff (I like the sound of that new JHS Harmonic Trem, and want to try out a couple classics - a Phase 95 and a Carbon Copy). So I'll get to the point where I have a "final" board that I am comfortable/happy with, while knowing that I'll always be looking at new possible toys.

Midgetje94

Friend of Leo's
To be honest, I have little doubt that a comp will be sticking around. Next time I get a chance, I'm going to dedicate a good hour just to working with it and figuring out how much value it has for me.

Ha. I know how how these things go. It's why I had "final" in quotes. The point being that the current state of the board is almost totally in flux--like a tryout situation. I plan to bring in some more dirt pedals (a Tumnus is in the mail, maybe an ODR-1, Wampler Belle, Special Cranker or Westwood) and try out some other timing/modulation stuff (I like the sound of that new JHS Harmonic Trem, and want to try out a couple classics - a Phase 95 and a Carbon Copy). So I'll get to the point where I have a "final" board that I am comfortable/happy with, while knowing that I'll always be looking at new possible toys.
I used to have one. Once I learned better pick and finger control it lost the big appeal to me personally. I only really used it for the more level attack.

Charlie Bernstein

Doctor of Teleocity
For Americana, classic rock, and blues, one or two overdrives (like, say, a tube screamer and a bluesbreaker) and, if the amp you're using doesn't have it, a reverb are really all you need.

The rest are just toys to play around with. My favorite is trem, but it's a matter of taste. Loopers, delays, choruses, wahs, flangers, phasers, envelope filters, compressors, and so on can all be fun as long as you don't let them run your life.

Cheap Trills

Tele-Afflicted
What would you suggest for the last spot?
I would highly recommend an RC Booster. It's a great boost, which is good to have, plus useful dials that can come in handy in jam situations... There's a gain knob that can add some dirt tonyour taste, then individual treble and bass knobs that can be very useful tweaking on the spot if your sounding thin or boomy on the day.

Charlie Bernstein

Doctor of Teleocity
Final. Final? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Is nobody here going to tell him?
Not this boy! I have the pedals I want. Done deal.
I've never run a compressor, ever, on any board I've made. Occassionally on some of the Line6 patches I used to gig with, but on my boards? nah
Hate compressors. They suck out expression. Hate Line 6's. Too much button-punching. I just wanna play.