First NGD in 5 years but worth the wait.

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by roadkillbill, May 8, 2012.

1. roadkillbill

roadkillbill Tele-Holic

1999 Roadhouse, shoreline gold...

[​IMG]

2. dog fart

dog fart Friend of Leo's

I've always been a fan of that color. Congrats!

3. roadkillbill

roadkillbill Tele-Holic

Thanks. I got this guitar because it was on CL at a price I couldn't refuse, and the truth is that this color is probably not one I would have chosen right off the rack, but in a week or so I've really come to love it. It definitely grows on you.

I'm also thinking the color, like a lot of the custom Roadhouse colors from '97 to '99 is not actually Shoreline Gold, but a more subtle cross between Aztec silver and shoreline gold...I asked Mark Davis about it and he said it might be Aztec Gold...

It also just happens to be the best playing strat I've got, completely different than my '91 American Standard, which I tried to love, but just isn't right for me.

And if that weren't enough, I just love the hell out of the Texas Specials. They're quiet...there's no hum....that's the last thing I was expecting. Yes, it's love.

4. JesseBluegrass

JesseBluegrass TDPRI Member

Hey I got one of those!!! Found one of them when looking trough the strats at the final store weve visited and just had to have it, it stood out! Mines a 97 or 98, made at the Corona Plant in the USA!

If I may ask, I am wondering what you've paid for it. I paid $1700 for mine....

5. thorton077

thorton077 Tele-Afflicted

that looks really cool, happy ngd

6. roadkillbill

roadkillbill Tele-Holic

Jesse, If I told you, you'd impale yourself on your roadhouse strat's neck:lol:...I see people on ebay trying to get about a thousand for them...there was a gold one on there for a while recently.

Btw, it is shoreline gold...the only non standard color these came in was metallic teal.

And thanks, thornton 077.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.