First New Song in 20 Years

StoneH

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
I know I should work on my songs more before posting, but going through the exporting and uploading process reveals a lot of issues.

I have several songs I wrote 40 years ago (and one I wrote 20 years ago) that I am developing, but I wrote this one recently.

Notes:

Exported as .wav file
Sounds horrible on laptop speakers
You should have heard the string squeaks before I attenuated them

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
I know I should work on my songs more before posting, but going through the exporting and uploading process reveals a lot of issues.

I have several songs I wrote 40 years ago (and one I wrote 20 years ago) that I am developing, but I wrote this one recently.

Notes:

Exported as .wav file
Sounds horrible on laptop speakers
You should have heard the string squeaks before I attenuated them

Is it me or i can hear lyrics way behind the guitar ?
Cool tune though.

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
Thanks. No lyrics, and the TV wasn't on either . . . (How long have you had those voices in your head?) ;)
a long time...but i could have sworn there were some voices leftout. I might need to stop whiskey and switch to bourbon.

edit don't i hear somethin really faint in the background ? Well ok it might be the voices in my head. Or maybe you did a 2nd take after the 1st one and they are mixing.... but it adds something to the tune! you should have told me there were some hidden stuffs !

Double Stop

Tele-Holic
That's pretty nice, man. The main riff motif reminds me of "If I Needed Someone" by The Beatles, just for a bit, and I mean that as a compliment. Also has some Nick Drake sort of feel to it. Are you going to put lyrics over it? The guitar part is interesting without sounding busy, so I think there's lots of space to add some vocals without it sounding too crowded. It has potential! Thanks for giving us a listen.

StoneH

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
a long time...but i could have sworn there were some voices leftout. I might need to stop whiskey and switch to bourbon.

edit don't i hear somethin really faint in the background ? Well ok it might be the voices in my head. Or maybe you did a 2nd take after the 1st one and they are mixing.... but it adds something to the tune! you should have told me there were some hidden stuffs !

It's 4 separate tracks. I watched a video on comping, so I plan to merge the better parts together for practice. I played the first guitar to a click track (which I am not used to) and it makes me adjust my tempo (awkwardly). When I listen on headphones, it sounds like someone is randomly turning on delay, but there are some parts that line up quite well and those sound pretty good.

StoneH

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
That's pretty nice, man. The main riff motif reminds me of "If I Needed Someone" by The Beatles, just for a bit, and I mean that as a compliment. Also has some Nick Drake sort of feel to it. Are you going to put lyrics over it? The guitar part is interesting without sounding busy, so I think there's lots of space to add some vocals without it sounding too crowded. It has potential! Thanks for giving us a listen.

Thanks for the input. Right now I'm just learning my DAW (I didn't know what a DAW was 3 months ago). My goal is to play around with some different midi instruments and think about lyrics down the road.