1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

First MLB game in a suite...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Mike Eskimo, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

11FB47A7-391B-480B-8CE5-28509EADDF67.jpeg FF9B975A-991E-4DB7-9244-74C0F4ED40AC.jpeg ...to see the worst team in baseball get blanked by the second or third worst team in baseball !

Final score : Royals 7 Tigers 0

Still, nice night, beautiful suite 2 down from the Ilitches, right below the press box , friendly friends, one minute walk from car to suite - I could get used to this !

I did think it was funny that going back to my first game at Tiger stadium in the early 70’s , easily 60% of the total Tigers games I’ve seen have been vs the Royals. :lol:

2. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

That's so funny - 30 years ago this summer my dad and I took a road trip to visit Cooperstown, the NFL Hall of Fame, the Air Force Museum, the Ford Museum. On the way, we mixed in a game at Tigers Stadium against - the Royals. I remember Bo Jackson in the outfield and I think I remember Jack Morris pitched a 1 or 2-hitter.

3. bluzkat

bluzkat Tele-Holic

The Tigers played well the previous two games, too bad you had to witness that.

C'mon hockey season! :D

Mike Eskimo and dented like this.
  4. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

That's sweet! Nice going to the park seeing your favorite team and getting the topdawg treatment. I'm sure it was still great to be there. I love baseball.

Mike Eskimo likes this.
  5. gitold

gitold Poster Extraordinaire

Never been in the “new” stadium, just Briggs. Sounds like fun to me.

Mike Eskimo likes this.
  6. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Comerica has grown on me ( it should - it’s been almost 20 yrs !:lol:) - even in the civilian seats.

7. slauson slim

slauson slim Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

I prefer being with the civilians.

I was at an event (WWF) in a suite that had two rows of seats in front as part of the suite. We watched two young guys work their way up the arena and sneak into the seats, very pleased with themselves. Our host went to them and asked if they had snuck into the seats, looking sheepish and guilty they admitted to it. Upon which he said welcome, introduced himself and said have something to eat and drink, use the restroom and enjoy the event.

8. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity

I have been in a suite twice. Frankly, I didn't like it that much as far as watching the game. You seem "away" from the action. A large TV screen is far better for seeing a game through a "window". I imagine suite style vary though.

slauson slim likes this.
  9. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

It does seem like KC plays Detroit every other week!

I recall the 80's when we used to get to watch lot's of games from a suite out at the "K". In the days when more people smoked cigs than didn't and EVERYBODY got fairly smashed on booze...it was fun...but glad those days are done.

The beauty of a ML stadium is enjoyable no matter where you sit!

Mike Eskimo likes this.
  10. GGardner

GGardner Friend of Leo's

Agreed. The suite I went to had traditional seating outside the window--but you could only access it thru the suite--so you could be inside or out. But it was definitely a profound feeling of isolation--which i guess is intentional. The only thing I enjoyed was that we were in a a priority parking lot that was really close to a dedicated entrance/exit, and as we pulled out of the lot, there were security people who parted the crowd so we could get thru. Pretty decadent really.

Mike Eskimo likes this.
  11. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Looks like a great view.

I used to go to 5-6 games a year up until and including the Astros winning it all. Now the crowds are much larger and cheap tickets are hard to come by. I've been lucky enough to have company tickets for their suite fall through the cracks to me a couple times lately. Still love going to the ballpark, just not easy to do on a budget like it once was.

Mike Eskimo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.