1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

First Live Gig!

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by johnqpublic2718, Jul 22, 2010.

1. johnqpublic2718

johnqpublic2718 Tele-Meister

Well everyone, the time has finally come. I finished college to get the folks off my back, all the while tinkering here, writing bits with friends, nothing ever really clicking. Now that I've got more time on my hands, I've had the opportunity to devote the kind of time to guitar and bass that I did in high school and it has paid off.

Needless to say, this saturday night we're playing a seedy bar on main street (although it looks pretty bad ass from the street) and yes, despite my age, it will be my first live gig that wasn't for friends and family exclusively.

Just wanted to thank all the members of tdpri for their volumes of posts from which I have gleaned both technical and musical knowledge. This forum is definitely one of my main influences! This really is one of the best websites I know of.

P.S. We don't have a name yet, any random ideas will be appreciatively considered! I will try to post a video and/or audio recording if one is available. Oh yeah I play bass and guitar... we switch around for different songs.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.