First gig back tonite! Gear pics

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by dburns, Aug 15, 2020.

1. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

So stoked to be out playing again.

I’ve sat in and played a bunch of times with this band as a sub, but tonite is my first gig as an official member of Former Strangers. Also their first gig back from the shutdown. We’re going to be playing an outdoor patio show in King of Prussia PA. New guitar, some new pedals...really looking forward to it.

Only thing, this is a high energy party band that usually packs a dance floor. Obviously not able to do that yet so we’ve had to tailor our 2 sets to more mid-tempo and rock stuff than usual. Going to be interesting to see what happens, but they (we) do have a nice following so we’re expecting a good turnout. We’ll see, will report back. Just wanted to share...feel free to check in and do the same with your “back at it” gigs. 14885195-F179-4E7E-85B4-D7EA13B8222D.jpeg

Rattfink, 41144, Steerforth and 10 others like this.
  2. GreatDaneRock

GreatDaneRock Tele-Holic

Good on ya buddy, guitar looks awesome but I would not be able to deal with the volume knob where itpit sits as I would be smacking it and turning the volume down as I play, hence why I modified my Strat to master volume Master tone, and used the volume hole to put a toggle switch to split my humbucker.

Also love your little pedalboard, the dude is an amazing OD, but I would move the mxr 95 to the front of the chain, but there are no rules here so have a great gig, or better said how did it go?

GDR

dburns likes this.
  3. Bluego1

Bluego1 Tele-Afflicted

Love seeing the morpher on there. Don’t see it very often. Might be my favorite distortion. And it’s a $30 Donner. Go figure.

dburns likes this.
  4. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Right. I’m far from a snob, but I usually hold out buying the cheap stuff. But The Morpher has been sounding great in rehearsal...really good dirt pedal. Super sturdy too...nothing about it sounds or feels cheap.

Bluego1 likes this.
  5. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Thanks!

Not going to mess with my board now, but I’ll try your suggestion eventually. The phaser is not really a big part of my sound, only use it as a subtle effect on a handful of songs. The MXR does the job just fine.

6. koen

koen Friend of Leo's

Have fun & be safe!

carpenter and dburns like this.
  7. GreatDaneRock

GreatDaneRock Tele-Holic

if you like the phaser to be subtle than yes keep it where it is, if you wanted to be a bit more pronounced then move it to the front of the chain. How did the gig go?

8. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Tele-Afflicted

Neat rig! It’s funny, a former jam buddy who now lives in Phoenix just called me the other day jacked to the moon about this Dr. Z Carmen Ghia he was looking at. He went back to buy it a day later and it was gone. Saw your pic and checked your profile for your location...did you just come back from Phoenix?

Interesting pickup arrangement on a cool guitar too.

Hope you had a good gig!

9. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

It’s still a few hours away. Getting in some final practice. All easy stuff though...thanks.

10. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

PA is a long way from AZ and I haven’t been on any planes recently...wasn’t me

11. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Tele-Afflicted

Ha, yeah, I figured...just kidding

12. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

My band has been aced out since all of this mess began in Mid March.
    Including what was supposed to be last night and tonight.

Turn it UP Brother!
    I hope you make a Hunnerd bucks!!!

-ST

13. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Turns out it was parking lot, not a patio...we rocked it though. The weather worked out in our favor too. Briefly started spitting rain in between sets but only for a few minutes. From there it was a perfect night. Could’ve played better personally, but overall the band was tight and it was great to play in front of a crowd again.

And yea, I woke up to a hunnerd bucks in my Venmo lol.

Didn’t take any pics but found some on FB

Attached Files:

14. GreatDaneRock

GreatDaneRock Tele-Holic

STEVEN TYLER was your singer!? Rock on!

LOL, seriously though, happy you got to play seems you guys had a rockin' time. But, I would not have allowed anyone to use or get near my mic, hell no, and a lot of pictures show people way closer than 6 ft recommended distance. The mask is not a blue pill that allows one to disregard other preventative measures, just sayin'

Here in Orlando we've been offered gigs everywhere but I damaged my vocal cords due to severe acid reflux (I can fall of the wagon diet-wise like no one else!), plus they found a cyst on one of my vocal folds, so I was prescribed 6 weeks of no singing or loud talking... my luck I guess. But once healed we have a heap of opportunities to play live, fingers crossed I don't need surgery for that pesky cyst.

GDR.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.