1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

First "From-Scratch" Build

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by fordguy_85, May 18, 2017.

1. IronSchef

IronSchef Tele-Afflicted

oh, that is SO cool!!! Really nice job :)

fordguy_85 likes this.
  2. fordguy_85

fordguy_85 Tele-Meister

Thanks everyone!

Kriticaster likes this.
  3. Kriticaster

Kriticaster Tele-Holic

Fordguy_85, How about an update?? Would love to see how this looks finished... and maybe a little sound test too

fordguy_85 likes this.
  4. fordguy_85

fordguy_85 Tele-Meister

Hey Kriticaster, I unfortunately stalled out on the project, but should have it finished here in a week or so.

5. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone Tele-Meister

I have one going that's fairly similar to this in a lot of ways.

I thought I was through gathering guitars, because I'd finally gotten to the point of having a decent example of all the ones I wanted. And then I probably tempted the universe by saying it out loud. So the STRATosphere.com sent me an email where they were selling their all rosewood necks for way less than normal. I couldn't pass up the deal. But that meant now I had to build another project guitar.

My first plan was to make a Jazzmaster type. But the body I got from Guitar Fetish was... 'Okay... I guess.' A solid rosewood neck belongs on something awesome, not something 'Okay... I guess'.

So I found a guy on eBay who would make a body to my requirements. It should magically appear in the mail pretty much any time now.

My recipe is: a walnut top over a sapele underlay over an alder body, Tele-shaped (mostly) with Strat-type belly and forearm cuts, all black hardware, two humbucker routs, a pair of Bare Knuckle Mules to go in them, a piezo-equipped Tele-ish bridge plate, a Jimmy Page circuit for the humbuckers, and a basic Acousta-phonic circuit with just one push/pull pot for the piezo output.

fordguy_85 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.