First Concert in a while...

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire
So I have a friend who plays drums in our blues band. He hits me up a few months ago about a concert coming to Dallas.

He is a Huge Collective Soul fan (has seen them like 15 times) and asked if I wanted to go. I am not a big Collective Soul fan but the opening act is one of the bands I do love, Switchfoot. So we bought tickets and planned to go.

So fast forward to yesterday. Between the time I purchased the tickets and the show date I have agreed to play a morning service which has a 6AM call time. The second service does not usually get out till about noon so my morning was booked.

I had also agreed to go to lunch with some friends three weeks ago and picked that Sunday as the day as well. We had decided to go take them to this hole in the wall steak and BBQ place out in the boonies so there was about a 45 minute drive to get there. We leave right after church, get the restaurant, enjoyed the meal and the time together, finally get home and chat with our friends who left at 4PM.

Friend is picking me up at 6 to go to the concert which starts at 7:30. We make the drive, finally get into the venue as the opening, opening act takes the stage. We spend the next four hours watching live music by two energetic bands on the last show of the tour.

We make the drive back home and I slipped into bed in the early moments of this morning.

I have discovered this... I am not as young as I used to be and I need to wear orthopedic shoes if I buy standing room only tickets again. I also discovered Tylenol is your friend after a day like that.

BTW, the concert was awesome.

Slip Kid

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I admire your stamina. I’ve lost most of my enthusiasm for concerts that involve great effort on my part. Basically, unless it’s a once in lifetime opportunity, if it isn’t local I don’t want to be bothered. I don’t want to deal with driving late at night or most crowds anymore. My concert-going friends invite me to shows but lately, between work and home, don’t have it in me. Sometimes I feel I get more enjoyment yelling at the clouds!