1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

First Build

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by PaulHaa, Oct 27, 2016.

1. PaulHaa

PaulHaa Tele-Meister

I just finished my first build! She's not perfect and a bit rough around the edges but I really like her. Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge pos and a jazz in the neck. [​IMG]

2. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

Congrats, looks great! On to the second one...

3. Old man73

Old man73 Tele-Meister

I agree looking good

4. TRexF16

TRexF16 Friend of Leo's Vendor Member

Very nice job! A JB and a Jazz is a tried and true combination. Nice choice. How are you liking the tones you're getting out of it? My experience is these pickups split very well. I modded a cheap HH Strat with a JB Trembucker in the bridge and a '59 in the neck and added a couple on-on-on mini toggles to give HB Series, HB Parallel, or Single coil options to either pickup independently of the selector switch and it really adds a lot of options and nice sounds. It's made me really love this guitar.
    IMG_4367.JPG
    It looks like you have a ton of room under that pickguard so send me a PM if you want any further guidance - this would be a cool thing to incorporate - offering a huge new pallet of tones on this nice guitar you've built for less than ten bucks in parts and a fun challenge.
    Please don't misinterpret what I'm saying as being in any way negative about what you already have there, I think it's great. It's just that I have been so impressed with what the above mod brings to the table I just thought I'd share the idea with you. I bought a JB (trembucker)/Jazz combo of my own but have not yet installed them - I plan on the Jimmy Page wiring scheme as a new challenge for whatever they go into.

I see you used a TOM bridge - did you angle the neck pocket or did it work out OK with the fretboard parallel to the top? Interesting guitar indeed. Thanks for sharing it.

Rex

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.