First Build

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Erwin, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

Going to look awesome!

Erwin likes this.
  2. LeftFinger

LeftFinger Friend of Leo's

Erwin that Burl is incredible . Take your time do it right. 8yrs isn't that bad I have stuff going on ten:cry:

Erwin likes this.
  3. Erwin

Erwin Tele-Meister

Ok I have run into a bit of a problem. The glueing of the top and body worked out not being as clean as I hoped so I decided that it definitely needs a binding to fix that. Can someone point me to a tutorial or something on how to do that? I'm planning to go white-black-white. I've measured the 3 layers together and it works to 4.33 mm and that is my first problem, I can't seem to find a router bit and bearing combo that gets me there. So how is it done?

4. Erwin

Erwin Tele-Meister

Another question.
    I figured the best way to install the bridge was to first install the neck and then measure the distance from the nut to the 12th fret, from the 12th fret to where the bridge needs to come. but I think I messed it up by putting the string through holes at that point. Which point of the bridge do I need to put on that point? In my case it worked out to 649 mm or 25.55 inch.. according to the standard scale of 25.5 it should be at 647.7 mm. So nothing that can not be fixed with the saddles.

5. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Telefied Ad Free Member

6. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Telefied Ad Free Member

The saddles should be at the scale length measurement and also should be able to be adjusted backward for intonation purposes.

This is what I do.
    See post 6

https://www.tdpri.com/threads/gfs-no-bridge-holes-help.639482/#post-6969698

7. Erwin

Erwin Tele-Meister

Thanks Marty. I kinda figured it out that I need to move the bridge backwards and have the scale set at the middle position of the saddles. I guess that when I work too long in one stretch at it I get tired and and start becoming inpatient and start to make mistakes. Luckily nothing irreparable for now.

8. Erwin

Erwin Tele-Meister

I have a set of standard telecaster pickups. Don't really know what they are but the guy I got hem from said they came from a fender usa standard or so that he put noiseless pick-ups on. The idea is to make a nashville set-up to get some of the strat tones as wel. In my mind I have the idea to use the following switching arrangement:

1. bridge
    2. bridge + neck
    3. neck
    4. bridge and middle
    5. middle and neck.

I don't feel the need to have the middle allone or all three together. What would be a good pickup to go with that set of tele pickups for the middle position. I guess it should be something that is not too hot and not too expensive. tone wise I'm thinking towarda a vintage flat strat.
    Does anyone here has some light to shine on this? There is not much to find about what to use for a nashville tele as the middle pickup.

Any hint would be much appreciated.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.