First build of the year!

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by blackbelt308, Apr 11, 2010.

1. blackbelt308

blackbelt308 Tele-Holic

It was an awful winter in the St. Louis area, and severely limited my ability to spray nitro and make sawdust! But I finally managed to complete the first of several builds that are either planned or underway.

This first one was intended to be a low-cost, no-frills pinecaster. Last year, I built two pinecasters with one-piece Eastern white pine bodies that I bought from Marty (guitarbuilder). I was really impressed with how resonant those two guitars were so I quickly snapped up another one-piece body that Marty put up for sale for around 50 bucks back in early February. I figured on finishing it in either shellac or thin skin nitro, adding a Squier Custom neck ($30 from craigslist!) that I stripped and re-finished with lacquer, and topping it off with a bunch of second hand parts from the bin.

About the time I was putting the final polish on the body, a special pickup that I had ordered from Owen Duffy showed up in my mailbox. Couldn't wait to try it out so I went ahead and finished the pinecaster as an Esquire.

I'm really happy with how this one turned out! The neck and body match perfectly, and the tone is all around clear and magical. I'll have to tell you more about that OC Duff pup when it finally lands in the build it was intended for, but for now I'll just say that Owen has it goin' on! I had planned to outfit this guitar with a used set of Classic 50s but may have to go with something that does the guitar justice. Hmmm....

Anyway, here's the pics. Enjoy!

Thanks,
    Rick

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tgfmike

tgfmike Telefied Ad Free Member

That came out really nice! Thanks for the pics.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.