1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fireworks should be illegal

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by teleman1, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

They were going off all around our place last night like all hell was breaking loose. My wife and I just kick back with some drinks on our patio and watch them all around our townhouse association. The amount of money people spend on this stuff is insane. We’re talking real, high flyin boomers. Anyway, you won’t hear me advocating taking freedoms away. I live here in the birthplace of American liberty Independence and proud of it.

RLee77, drlucky and 3fngrs like this.
  2. Georox

Georox Friend of Leo's

Yes and yes.

3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

To complain about fireworks is to kick against the goads, it does no good. Personally, I wouldn't miss them if they disappeared entirely, but people seem to enjoy them. Some truly abuse the use of them, there is no question of that at least here in my area. It is extremely selfish not only from the standpoint of how it affects animals, and those who've been to war, but the danger to people's property. Not long ago a pretty nice home caught fire and burned to the ground from careless use of fireworks.

Even more dangerous are the people who it seems inevitably fire weapons into the air. They seem oblivious to the fact that what goes up must come down. These are the most selfish of all, or the most stupid, whichever you prefer.

drlucky and drf64 like this.
  4. Georox

Georox Friend of Leo's

5. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

Toto'sDad likes this.
  6. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

If you live in an unicorporated area, or outside the city limits, all bets may be off. I agree with you, and fireworks drive my dogs crazy; I have to confine them to the house and stay home with them or my Jack Russel will run himself to a heart attack over the noise. Are you a gun owner ?

7. Toto'sDad

Yes they do, but I'm almost certain, that those who are mutilated by fireworks would be willing to forego them if they had the chance to do so just before they were hurt. There in my humble opinion can be a no more useless reason for harming oneself than to do so with fireworks. I sincerely hope that is not how you acquired your handle.

I enjoyed with no cost to me a very nice fireworks show at my daughters house last evening. The country club near her place puts on a display that we can watch almost ringside from her backyard. I don't feel any particular patriotic stirrings from watching fireworks, I just enjoy the light show. Were there never to be another, that would be okay too. I know they will continue, and that I will continue to watch them. I personally wouldn't spend a dime on them though. I spend money on things others wouldn't so I know shooting off fireworks is a personal choice in disposing of income. As long as someone does not harm me with their fireworks, I tend to adopt the live and let live policy towards them.

drlucky likes this.
  8. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

When Twins are outlawed...

LutherBurger likes this.
  9. teleman1

teleman1 Tele-Afflicted

When you say yell at clouds or don't need Mommy, I can clearly see that that attitude is the crux of the issue. We need guidance cause collectively, we rarely make a good scene.But I say this, if you can harm another's personal space with fireworks, that is OK? Why does one get off at inconveniencing others around them? FOr their selfish joy? I guess our society needs more dumbing down so things like this don't bother anyone. No laws =Kaos. Come up with better arguments then mindless quotes about Mommy and such. We are not civilized enough to operate without laws which is the big HOLE in any argument against it. You are not experienced at life if you think Fireworks monitor themselves. Arguments against laws are so funny and humorous till your Mother, spouse or child is killed or injured by your incompetence to recognize danger. That is a good line for our society, Incompetence to logically recognize danger. Yeah, That is what is wrong with us all. Ok, all of you with no argument, jump on board and create a logic.

drlucky and Georox like this.
  10. BigDaddyLH

Is there something in the US constitution that says you have a right to blow stuff up?

July 1st, Canada Day, came and went without craziness. We went to see the city's fireworks, launched from a barge in the lake. Came home and Harley was asleep. No crazy neighbours setting off fireworks. No chaos, or is that kaos?

11. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

And this concern for vets with PTSD? Can we get anymore condescending? I am a vet (Desert Storm, SCUD missiles, whatever) and I'm actually insulted by those comments. Like a few firecrackers are going to put most of us under a table.

I know there are a lot vets out there who have issues so we do what we can to actually help them. We don't use their problems to stomp on people's liberties. That's just flat out hypocritical. I'll bet most of the guys and gals who have issues would be insulted by these suggestio
    No, I screwed up my hand making lots of money for someone who was paying me very little. That's much better, isn't it?

12. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Was there something to celebrate yesterday? I don't think so.

BTW, anything goes ... up here and even in the cities where most fireworks are banned, there are too many violators to enforce. Crazy in some of our dry summers. This year we could relax with some good food on the deck with perfect weather after a good wet spring. Can't believe the mortars that the average person can buy. Yet another crazy first world consumer fiasco.

drlucky and Mike Eskimo like this.
  13. BigDaddyLH

The politics police approve of your vague sentiment.

8barlouie likes this.
  14. teleman1

teleman1 Tele-Afflicted

Remedy for Austin. AUstin police, this is your commissioner. TOday enforcement takes on new life. THere is a $5000 fine and jail for blowing off fireworks. I want, I EXPECT, each of you to come back with a fine. What is 5000x400? 2 mil? That will pay for a lot of pot holes. So, maybe then, I can say, "blow them off you suckers, the center street bridge needs painting!"

Georox likes this.
  15. teleman1

teleman1 Tele-Afflicted

Moters, yeah that is what went off 20 feet over my home. Lets legalize small nuke devices.

Obsessed likes this.
  16. Toto'sDad

No, it isn't. I am truly sorry for your injury, though I don't personally know you. I had a hunting partner that lost his right hand in some sort of a press when he was newly married at the age of nineteen. He amazed me in how well he used his prosthetic hook to manipulate things in this world. He drove a diesel truck over the ridge route and backed into a loading dock in L.A. for eight years. He later learned to type and use a computer employing his hand and hook. He became a dispatcher, and finally a batch man at a cement plant. He is now retired, and has never asked any quarter from anyone in his life.

17. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

fireworks are illegal in PA...good thing there is a law because the people who were setting them off yesterday would have more competition in the sky for space for their fireworks

Toto'sDad likes this.
  18. teleman1

teleman1 Tele-Afflicted

I actually thought for a 2nd, why don't I bring my gun out show them real fireworks. THe logic of anyone saying it is OK to sell, buy or use fireworks, well, thee is no logic. You run on a different power grid than what logic provides. You have chiffon toilet paper and you have a fine grade of sand paper, which makes the most sense to use and to stay away from?

19. hellopike

hellopike Tele-Afflicted

Not trying to be an ass (well, maybe a little) but your location on your profile is Seekonk, MA. I've never heard of Seekonk; it's the birthplace of American liberty and Independence you say? o_O;)

20. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

I guess there is a connection between fireworks and American liberty.

"And the rockets red glare,
    The bombs bursting in air..."

British rockets and bombs. But they sure must have looked pretty.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.