1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fireworks should be illegal

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by teleman1, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smiff

Smiff Tele-Holic

Should be allowed on Bonfire Night only, to be used by a trained and certified professionals.

At the end of the day they’re an explosive device and things can go horribly wrong in the wrong hands.

2. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

So no more morning wood for him, huh?

3. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Poster Extraordinaire

It probably caught fire, because of... you know... teh DANGER.

4. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Friend of Leo's

Ah yes Bastille Day....! Apparently, there were only 7 prisoners there at the time it was stormed - which seems a bit excessive. Joking aside, our history teacher told us it was more about gaining access to gunpowder and showing Louis XVI that the likes of the Bastille was not impregnable.

Our Bonfire Night (Nov 5th) is always a great night for fireworks - but I always try to get to a properly organised one.

I would hate to see fireworks banned. For me, it's not about banning them, it's about making sure people can really enjoy them safely so they don't cause injury, distress or damage.

5. LeicaBoss

LeicaBoss Tele-Holic

I'm a bit tired of all the stuff people want to be banned and illegal because they don't like it.

I have a mommy, I don't need a State mommy.

Noise statutes are already on the books, people already have liability for dumb stuff they do, and so long as I don't have to pay for your mangled hand when you blow yourself up, have at it.

[​IMG]

6. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I had my display for the neighbor last night. I have for several years. I drive to Shrewsbury Pa, buy around $600 worth and spend a couple afternoons fusing my stuff with my mortar launchers and plywood repeater bases. Light one fuse and a 15 minute display launches with accompanying musical selections.
    I was taught my safety by a friend who used to Blow up things in the Army. I also am opposed to laws that try to be my mommy.

7. Crafty Fox

Crafty Fox Tele-Afflicted

Its the same here in the Mild West.:cool:

8. Crafty Fox

Crafty Fox Tele-Afflicted

Oh, I had a fantastic night out in Apt, near Avignon, on July 14 many years ago! They put on a great show.

9. Frontman

Frontman Tele-Holic

If everything dangerous, annoying, and entailing personal risk was made illegal, we wouldn’t have much left to enjoy.

10. LutherBurger

Or because they hate and mistrust their neighbors.

11. MuddyDitch

MuddyDitch Tele-Holic

12. heltershelton

heltershelton Tele-Afflicted

they should just go ahead and make everything fun illegal.

dallasblues likes this.
  13. jackinjax

jackinjax Friend of Leo's

You can't legislate common sense or consideration for others. I don't mind all the snap, crackle, pop, and booming on the night of the holiday up until 10:00 PM.

dallasblues and 8barlouie like this.
  14. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Sure , I'll also save the dog poop to dump on your lawn.
    Your warlike display stresses my dog and me, allow me to pay you back.
    No mommy law, what's more natural, after all , than a dog pooping

drlucky likes this.
  15. LutherBurger

Trespassing and vandalism laws will take care of that. See you in court, precious.

16. Snowind

Snowind Tele-Meister

In general I’d have to say I’m against banning fireworks. However, in some situations it’s a good idea.
    I’ve been traveling out to the Outerbanks of NC for many years, also known as Cape Hatteras. Fireworks were like a major tradition, almost alike a religion down there. I’m not talking just on the Fourth of July but nearly every night of the summer, folks on vacation would bring mortors to set off on the beach. I myself, when my kids were young was guilty of this tradition.
    Then about 10 years ago, the National Park Service put a total ban on fireworks, with sever penalties. At first I was disappointed. It seemed like a ritual of life had been taken away.
    But now, I realize how much better visits to the beach are without fireworks .
    No more dodging the drunks launching mortors from their wobbly launch pads in the sand during walks at night. And the mess left over afterwards. Yes, it’s better without the fireworks. That and I guess I’m getting old now too.

drlucky likes this.
  17. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

For one night a year I leave it alone. I am bad.
    The neighbor kid was working out in his garage with loud music coming out..and told him to turn it down, however, my wife said if it was rock and not rap
    I would not have told him. She's right.

paratus likes this.
  18. ruger9

ruger9 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Truth in self-refelection is a rare thing there days. Keep it up.

I'm a libertarian, so I'm all about NOT banning things. Want to blow a finger off? Go ahead. Want to overdose? Be my guest. I'm not interested in the state trying to police stupid. I'm also not against full prosecution and incarceration if your stupid hurts or kills someone else. Be prepared to sleep in the bed you made.

That being said, I do feel bad for the dogs (and I am a dog owner). Luckily, it's only 1 night year (or should be).

Chick-N-Picker and 3fngrs like this.
  19. thegreatshocka

thegreatshocka Tele-Meister

On the upside, you can probably find some great deals on used Isotoner Gloves that people will no longer need today.

Might only be a right or a left glove and not a set, but a bargain is a bargain!

televillian likes this.
  20. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

I love 'em. People up here are responsible, with one or two exceptions. The louder the better!

Hope everybody else had a happy Fourth. I've been to bad places. America has a lot to celebrate and honor, warts and all.

Except the country music karaoke opening acts. That we can do without.

paratus and ruger9 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.