Fireworks should be illegal

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by teleman1, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teleman1

teleman1 Tele-Holic

For the public to use. Arizona is a dry desert and we are in a drought. The desert burns. But they sell this obnoxious loud crap. My LOW life renting neighbor just shot off their wad right before midnight. Shook the F78K out of my house. THe public is not responsible enough to properly use these weapons. The law should be if they are legal that they stop at ten and there be a 10,000 fine for breaking that law.Logic rant over.

2. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

Yeah, I agree... too many people doing too many stupid things with fireworks these days. And here in Arizona, right now, we don’t need ANY stupid crap going on with fireworks. Beyond fire and injury hazard (I’m sure the ER’s are plenty busy tonight all across the country with burns and such) there is the nuisance factor, as well. I would be ok with limiting fireworks to use by professionals.

3. drmmrr55

drmmrr55 Tele-Holic

It IS illegal here where I live in Federal Way, Washington. Even the "safe and sane" fireworks. But with the Indian fireworks stands all around here, there's no shortage of rockets, mortars, Roman candles, and those whistling things whatever they are called, and cherry bombs, M-80's, 4" firecrackers, and I could go on and on.

As I am typing this, there are a ton of fireworks going off all around here, and it's 12:30 a.m. here near Seattle. I really hate it when the 4th falls in the middle of the week, too many kids, (and adults), don't care about people who have to get up at 4:00 a.m. for work. And worst of all, the fire danger is really high right now, less than .75" of rain over the last month. (that's a draught in these parts)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    drlucky, televillian and Georox like this.
  4. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Friend of Leo's

I've long believed that fireworks should only be handled by qualified pyrotechnicians at professionally organised public events that have been authorised via the proper channels. I've seen the impact of poor quality and improperly used fireworks and they can cause carnage.

I love firework displays - done well.

televillian and Smiff like this.
  5. Telecasterless

Telecasterless Friend of Leo's

I can't say I disagree with you. I live in Los Angeles; the explosives I'm hearing are just simply dangerous, no matter how much fun these guys are having the fact is folks are wielding weapons in public.

It's the closest thing to The Purge right now.

I hate to begrudge though and sound like a hypocrite, I was preeeetttty bad when I was young. I either think I was smarter than kids are now, or I am just wiser as an old man. I think it's the latter.

Nightclub Dwight likes this.
  6. drmmrr55

drmmrr55 Tele-Holic

I know tomorrow, I'll still have money in my wallet, and the people who spent so much of their hard earned money, and set it ablaze probably have at least a little buyers remorse. I bet I heard at least $10,000 worth of illegal fireworks tonight. And to be honest, I was no angel either when I was young!

BTW, I subscribe to the old man theory....LOL

drlucky, nojazzhere and ZackyDog like this.
  7. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

Fireworks have been banned in this state since the 70's, I think..... you occasionally hear a few rockets go off new years eve... smuggled across the border :D....

Our big "cracker night" as kids was on Guy Fawkes night in late October when things were hot and dry....not the best time for unleashing kids with fireworks across the state...:rolleyes:

they only get used at organised events now by pros....

8. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

You all should collectively yell together, “And get off my lawn!”
    :D

9. stratclub

stratclub Tele-Meister

How long have fireworks been banned in Federal Way? In Marysville, all fireworks were banned in 2015 and this year, has been really peaceful for a change. Apparently the enforcement here is very effective.
    https://marysvillewa.gov/924/Fireworks

10. drmmrr55

drmmrr55 Tele-Holic

I'd say 9-10 years ago was the first ban. Federal way was one of the first in the south sound to do it. Safe and sane fireworks I'd say probably 5-6 years ago. No stands in the grocery store parking lots here anymore, I think it's illegal to sell any kind, but Just down the Road in Kent, you can still buy safe and sane fireworks.

Airborne fireworks here are extremely easy to get, there are several Indian reservations a short distance from here, the Muckleshoot tribe, and the Puyallup tribe are just 2 within a few miles from here. The Muckleshoot have a big area, probably about 5 acres or so littered with 20 or 30 stands, and a big open space where it is legal to shoot them there. The mess there when July 5th comes is incredible, the stands come down, but all the paper never gets cleaned up.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  11. Chatnoir

Chatnoir Tele-Holic

They're banned in my state, yet smuggled across the border and we hear them going off at all times starting in May/June. I personally can't stand them due to how they upset animals, mine and outdoors, with that racket. I also hate having to listen to it when I'm trying to sleep through the night for work the next day....

telleutelleme and nojazzhere like this.
  12. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

No kiddin! What a bunch of curmudgeons :p

13. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Tele-Afflicted

I was driving by Muckleshoot in Auburn (no, I don't gamble or use fireworks) and they started going nuts with fireworks on Saturday, June 30. In Puyallup, there were numerous neighborhoods that do their own, "local" fireworks. Just one blast after another, a lot of them were right in the middle of the street. I'm glad it's almost over.

Do they even think about the dogs, cats and wildlife?

[​IMG]

drlucky, nojazzhere and Steve Holt like this.
  14. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

Living in London it seems there is always some kind of event with fireworks. New Year's Eve, Eid, Diwali, and of course Guy Fawkes night to name but a few.

I love the big displays, but people just setting them off in the streets drives me nuts.

Paul Jenkin likes this.
  15. duzie

duzie Tele-Meister

News flash
    Everything should be banned - some people are irresponsible and inconsiderate

16. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

They even banned sparklers here, but it hasn't slowed anyone down
    Every year the cops do a big PR deal where they blow up a shed or a car with fireworks and then they do nothing about the idiots shooting mortars off in residential neighborhoods.

17. johnny k

johnny k Friend of Leo's

The only day i won t get out at night is 14th july. The equivalent of your 4 th of july.

And i won t get out december, 31 either. Just too terrifying.

Paul Jenkin likes this.
  18. Sparky2

Sparky2 Friend of Leo's

It rained pretty good here, not long before sunset.

I'm glad for that, since the local nationals blew off fireworks pretty much all evening.
    I went to bed.
    ;)

19. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

Let's all celebrate liberty, and ban something.

Yay freedom!

20. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.