Fireworks, 4 Jul 22

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Fireworks over Niceville (not kidding). They are launched from a barge on Boggy Bayou (still not kidding). Normally we anchor our boat as close to the barge as allowed, but weather kept us in port. The whole show was 20 minutes, and the finale lasted over a minute. Not bad for a tiny town.

dsutton24

Doctor of Teleocity
I'm sitting here listening to the fourth night in a row of fireworks. The pets and I wish people could be just a little more considerate with the damned things.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
I'm sitting here listening to the fourth night in a row of fireworks. The pets and I wish people could be just a little more considerate with the damned things.
Maybe they will be over soon

Wasn’t too bad here everyone settled down before 11pm

Was pretty tame this year except for the startling “BOOM!” Coming from next door a couple times

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
Very nice. Everyone across the street from me lives on the lake and most have big docks. That's where the launching pad is. I have been here one year this month and they are just a regular thing here. People just shoot them out over the lake. One family with the million dollar house has the biggest budget and lets them rip for an hour or so. My house is surrounded by huge oaks so we can't see them unless we walk down the driveway to the street. But the chihuahua is under a blanket in the corner.

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
We get a wonderful show from our neighbors, who own all the land in the bottom, below The Cabin. Just extraordinary. And extended in length from any of the shows they've done in previous years (especially the last 2). A lot of effort and money, but I doubt that more than 75 people were witness to it - there's just not many folks in this holler.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
We get a wonderful show from our neighbors, who own all the land in the bottom, below The Cabin. Just extraordinary. And extended in length from any of the shows they've done in previous years (especially the last 2). A lot of effort and money, but I doubt that more than 75 people were witness to it - there's just not many folks in this holler.
Which I suppose answers the question of whether you can get away from the fireworks or not.

ale.istotle

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Fireworks are ok, but pretty much always the same. I think I'd rather see a synchronized drone show.

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
My neighborhood is an Armed Camp when it comes to the 4th.
360 degrees around us, everywhere.
Once started, they don't stop until after 2 am.

Pretty to watch and the noise doesn't bother me but, sadly, it freaks my poor dog out in the worst way.
We have a Thunder Shirt for him and, it helps.
I just wish he wasn't gun-shy like this.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
My neighborhood is an Armed Camp when it comes to the 4th.
360 degrees around us, everywhere.
Once started, they don't stop until after 2 am.

Pretty to watch and the noise doesn't bother me but, sadly, it freaks my poor dog out in the worst way.
We have a Thunder Shirt for him and, it helps.
I just wish he wasn't gun-shy like this.
The exploders of fireworks howl in glee while the fireworks explode. The dogs, they howl too, but not in glee.

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
I understand there was a very nice display at Green Cay marina. I opted for a couple of martinis instead of driving the 5 miles to the marina.
The big show was in Frederiksted (west end of the island and I live out east) and by all accounts it was very good