Just checked the site.

It now reads (under the FFLPS section):

"
FFLPS ELECTRIC GUITARS

There are no products in this collection."

Oh well, word travels fast I guess.

radiocaster

Poster Extraordinaire
They're probably made in the same factories that made Chibsons. You could just tell them to spray over the fake logo.

But there are also other brands like Bad Cat, Sunsmile and Firehawk. Or even Suneye, but those have a Jerry Garcia cutaway.

Not sure they have as much of a US distribution though.

widefault

Tele-Meister
They take down their store every night for some dumb reason, then back up again the next day ~9am or so.

For the price, they are about the best LP copies there are. They even make a "modern" version with a heel cut, but in very limited quantity in each batch.
AUg4imu.jpg

lKc4goR.jpg

2pa6Tfe.jpg

Just about $200 shipped to my door, the equivalent Epiphone is ~$600. Quality wise, close if not equal. This one came out of the box with a good setup and great fretwork. All I've done since was to change the knobs and the plastics.

XQTJq8I.jpg

With my Glen Burton, which was ~$70 from Amazon's Warehouse Deals. Surprisingly nice, but not at the ~$200 retail.

bender66

Poster Extraordinaire
Was tempted to buy one of the Jrs when they had wraptail bridges. Then they had to ruin them by putting a tom/stop. Nope. No thank you. That's just silly.

Everyone was squawking about how more affordable the manufacturing was adding a tom, etc. Just drill the anchor holes in the right spot & were talking 1 piece of metal vs 2.

The FF FB page is one of the cultiest nutfarms around.

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
They have an SG up, which is really tempting. So what is the catch or common issues with these? Theres got to be something. Or is it just junky hardware? Do they weigh 20lbs? Neck issues?

widefault

Tele-Meister
Every one of them I've had has cosmetic flaws, usually in the paint, but I also had one of their Teles with razor-sharp burrs on the neck screws and file marks on the binding. They are basically a b-stock Epiphone quality at 1/2 to 1/3 the cost.

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
^
That has not been my experience, at all. I've found the quality level to be surprisingly high.
I've been lucky, maybe. I know lots of guys have experienced issues

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
another FF enroute
1656167532679.png

Update on the LP I'd posted above- I wish the pickups sounded better. I've zero complaints in that direction on the explorer type

Last edited: