Firebird tuners sub $100?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by aaronlowther1993, Feb 7, 2019.

1. aaronlowther1993

aaronlowther1993 TDPRI Member

I lucked my way into a 2017 Firebird husk. So far this guitar has been the Bain of my existence since I got it. Nothing has fit right, the ground wire was a ***** to re-install, and now I realize that you can't just out any old tuners on this thing. You need 10mm banjo or Steinberger tuners. And everywhere I look I either see the same cheap set of banjo tuners, or tuners that cost more than I gave for the husk. I see a gentleman on Etsy makes what he claims are drop in replacements for the original tuners for $99 for a set, but I'd like to get something with a warranty and known manufacturing processes. Does anyone know where I can get a set of tuners for this thing sub $100? With guitar tuners this isn't an issue normally but I am out of my depth here.

Thanks in advance.

2. NICQ

NICQ Tele-Meister

I was searching for alternative tuners too for my firebird kit that I built last year - didn't want to get the klusons because they were reportedly heavy weight-wise and contribute to the neck dive.. and they are expensive and hard to get in Europe..

I was looking at some banjo tuners - there are some on ebay from china... Cheap but who knows what build quality.. I think allparts offers some too..

In the end I went with Schaller's Banjo tuners because they just fit color and style wise and were very well made as all of Schaller's products:

https://m.thomann.de/at/schaller_tuner_banjo_b4_nickelpearl.htm?o=1&search=1549523720

But they are 20eur for one - so 120eur for 6

But I'm really happy with them

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.