Fire - Father`s Name Is Dad

Old Smokey

Tele-Meister
NuggetsII.jpg

TokyoPortrait

Friend of Leo's
Hi.

Sweet. I've got this Artyfacts From the British Empire and Beyond set, and also the earlier Original Artyfacts from the First Psychedelic Era set. Groovy.

8 hours and 56 minutes of cool, according to the info on my playlist.

Here's some favs.

And, being from New Zealand, I grew up with this one from across the ditch.

Pax/
Dean

Rick330man

Tele-Afflicted
Friday on My Mind by the Easybeats has been a long time favorite of mine. Dirty Water by the Standells is right up there with it. Great tunes, which is probably why we are here commenting on them 54-55 years after they hit the charts.

Downsman

Tele-Meister
These are great tunes. Dirty Water, Father's Name is Dad, and Action Woman are all in my 60s Garage band's set list (we throw in a bit of Psych and Surf as well). We do a couple of different The Creation songs, Through My Eyes and If I stay Too Long. A great era for music and a lot of fun to play. I'm on bass in this band and usually pretty interesting grooves and bass lines going on. Lot of experimenting happening then.

Rick330man

Tele-Afflicted
I really like the body of work the Creation put out. It was interesting a few years back to see their song Making Time used on a car commercial. I suspect very few Americans understood that they were listening to the Creation. Painter Man, I Am the Walker, Uncle Bert, etc. are all fine tunes. A ton of bands from that era covered That's How Strong My Love Is. To date, the Creation's version is to my ears the best ever.

To boot, almost no one seems to know that using a violin bow on an electric guitar started with Eddie Philips of the Creation.

Great stuff. Great band.

Last edited:

Aftermath

Tele-Meister
Hi.

Sweet. I've got this Artyfacts From the British Empire and Beyond set, and also the earlier Original Artyfacts from the First Psychedelic Era set. Groovy.

8 hours and 56 minutes of cool, according to the info on my playlist.

Here's some favs.

And, being from New Zealand, I grew up with this one from across the ditch.

Pax/
Dean
love the songs you posted. One of them is no available, which one was it? I love that easy beats song the most! great vocals and super tight guitars.

TokyoPortrait

Friend of Leo's