Finished Up Another Thinline The Other Day...

BobbyMac

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
I have several Thinlines, mostly genuine Fender models, but of late I have been assembling my own. Here are some pics of my most recent.

The body is a relatively inexpensive double-bound 3-color sunburst Thinline from China. The neck is by AllParts. The pickups are Fender USA Original Vintage, the bridge plate and saddles ditto. CRL 3-way switch, and an Electrosocket jack cup. Corona California neckplate and Fender/Gotoh tuners. Its one of my favorites.

IMG_0271.JPG
IMG_0272.JPG
IMG_0273.JPG
IMG_0274.JPG

BobbyMac

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
That is a beauty, nice work! How's it sounding?
It sounds terrific. I've a bunch of Teles with the Original Vintage pups and to me they are second only to the Custom Shop Nocaster sets. Thinlines for me are my favorite Telecasters/Esquires, the semi-hollowbody produces an "airy" tone that my amplifiers really bring out. Most of my Teles/Esquires/Nocasters are solid bodies, but if I could only have one, it would be a Thinline.

Hodgo88

Tele-Meister
Never had, heck never even played a Thinline. But I have necks and parts for days. Link to the cheapo body supplier? How's the weights on these?

BobbyMac

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
There are a few sellers on eBay who offer these and similar Tele and Strat bodies, same manufacturer, solid and thinline. Here's one offered by the seller who sold me mine:

Last edited:

stratisfied

Tele-Afflicted
There are a few sellers on eBay who offer these and similar Tele and Strat bodies, same manufacturer, solid and thinline. Here's one offered by the seller who sold me mine:

I've bought multiple bodies from that seller. All have been excellent!