Finished the partscaster

hd09

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
It has been quite a learning experience. Bought some ash and made the body, allparts tmo-c neck, fender vintage tunners, tusq nut, music city bridge string tree. Boot Strap Palo duro pickups that were with the wait ,with a 4 way, the tone is great, sounds like a Tele should to me. The pots, switch, cap, control plate, bridge plate, electrosockit, neck plate, pick guard and some screws from Amazon.
This was my first build and made alot of screwups but in the end pretty happy. Ended up 8 lbs 14 ozs so on the heavy side but thats ok.
Finish is minwax ebony and wipeon poly, never claimed to be a painter so could be better.
Action is 4/64 with no buzz, which amazed me cause all I did to the frets was round the ends some and polish them up.
I do need to get the nut cut better, i'll go se my luthier friend, he is pretty darn good.
The soldering went better than expected since that ain't me either.
So I'm thinkin if a poor old carpenter like me can build one then most anybody can with enough tools, some patients,
and the help of you folks on TDPRI .
Thanks for reading and letting me be a member. Dale

Attachments

• 20220507_071611.jpg
    20220507_071611.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 20220507_082555.jpg
    20220507_082555.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 85

hd09

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
Sounds pretty darn good, thinking better than my vintera 50s modified. As for playing it i still have to get the nut slots filed and get used to narrow tall frets, I'm used to medium jumbos. But I believe it's a winner.