1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Finished my first build... tell me what you think!

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by davidtsousa, Apr 26, 2011.

1. davidtsousa

davidtsousa TDPRI Member

Thank you all for your kind words!

I think this design could be adapted to look a lot more like a tele.... maybe with a tele bridge/pickup and the P90 in the neck. with a less pronounced upper bout. Like an offset telecaster! It would be an interesting experiment.... maybe one day...

2. davidtsousa

davidtsousa TDPRI Member

I'm thinking of making a video to show the sound of the guitar... Must find a way to make it though. Anyone knows how to record it using the built-in camera in a Mac with the sound recorded by Garage Band?

3. davidtsousa

davidtsousa TDPRI Member

You're right! I really think the pickguard (in Fender type guitars) is a very important part.... It was indeed the most difficult part for me to come up with. I experimented a lot with various types of designs before i was satisfied...

In the beginning i wanted the pickguard to cover the two pickups because it was my first guitar and I didn't had any experience with routing. But after all this was the pickguard that i liked the most so I took the extra work of routing the body to the exact dimension of the bridge P90...

4. bullitt

bullitt Tele-Holic

Really diggin that guit man Fender could learn from you.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.