Finish Flaw Fix Question

Valkyrie

TDPRI Member
So I’m in the middle of the clear coat process of my build. Vintage Olympic white. The color coat went on great and while applying the third coat on day two of my clear I get a sag right on the top of the body along the edge that is oriented on the bottom as the body hangs from a holding stick mounted in the neck pocket. Anyways, I went a little to heavy on the clear, it pooled up a bit and I figured I’d wait a couple days and level it out and continue. So fast forward a couple days and I take some 600 on a tiny sanding block and start working it out and come to find that the sag seems to have pulled the color coat away from the body in that area. The size of a sunflower seed small. So I decide to level it all out, clean it up with some naphtha and add color back with a brush. Spayed some color from the leftover can into a cup. Added three coat's with a small brush cleaned with lacquer thinner and dried, then let it go for a day. Scraped it with tape and razor blade technique and added clear with the brush. And my plan is to build the clear back up just proud and then level and finish up the entire body. It’s coming along pretty good but the color in the tiny little drop fill is more white than the rest and easy to spot. I know it’s because it’s not under as many clear coats as the rest around it. My question is will it settle in as I add clear or will it always be more white Because of the area not being finished exactly like the rest? The body came out so damned good that this is bugging me. It will get dinged up from playing and all that but I’m more curious to see what I can do or not.

Any thoughts? Best I can see what happened was the sagging area softens the underlying finish and gravity allowed it to pull it away from the body in that tiny spot that may have had some issue with adhering?