1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fine Tuning Princeton Reverb Build

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by jchabalk, Oct 12, 2020.

1. jchabalk

jchabalk Tele-Holic

The soldering was mostly about getting a clean and stable edge on the stuff, it gets snagged on everything and pieces of bronze start to pull free. I've got it mostly under control by cutting a piece larger than i needed and then folding each edge over, i'll fasten that folded edge up against the top of the cabinet so the chassis has the smoother end to couple with.

2. King Fan

King Fan Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

It’ll be cool to use screen like they did back then, and folding the edge is I think the classic method. FWIW the classic modern solution is aluminum HVAC tape sold at any hardware store. Installs in 2 minutes.

Easy on a BF, but here’s a tweed version courtesy of Peter Mather.

upload_2020-10-15_7-17-27.jpeg

jchabalk and Nickfl like this.
  3. jchabalk

jchabalk Tele-Holic

nice! That's a good looking tweed. i've got one of his cabinets too - although i'm not sure which one it is now. I should get a roll of that foil tape. If this screen works well i'm probably going to go through the rest of my amps too.

The screen seems like it'll work tell, if it stats to fray at all though i'm ripping it out.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.