Finally joining this fine forum...

twochiptele

TDPRI Member
Thanks all! Sometimes I think I need another tele ( a 70's mocha deluxe mostly, o those nice Fender catalogues when I was 16) but this one has such a versatile do-it-all "persona" that a mere thought of another one vanishes as a snowflake on a hot stove. But... you never know 🤣

Fenderdad1950

Friend of Leo's
Welcome from Albuquerque, New Mexico USA. Time & time again people buy a Strat before a Tele ( probably suckered in by its looks and versatility) Then they buy a Tele, plug it in and the light goes. It is amazing that Leo built this guitar spot on, seventy plus years ago. Amazing man, amazing guitar.
Leo-Fender_mmp0pd.jpg

JIMMY JAZZMAN

Tele-Holic
Welcome to the best forum in cyberspace. Everything is in play here but please stay away
from noiseless pickups, it gets painful. Ha, ha....Great looking telecaster. Onward and upward.

twochiptele

TDPRI Member
Welcome from Albuquerque, New Mexico USA. Time & time again people buy a Strat before a Tele ( probably suckered in by its looks and versatility) Then they buy a Tele, plug it in and the light goes. It is amazing that Leo built this guitar spot on, seventy plus years ago. Amazing man, amazing guitar.
Well, I started as a Les Paul player. I always loved the look of a tele, but being left handed in the 80's with limited funds and such I stuck to what I had, plus I was comfortable with the Les Paul... Strats were everywhere indeed, I always thought of them as a bit of a bland spineless johnny-do-goods, until I got one - as a gift, how nice is that!

I do have to fight it a bit to get the best out of the strat, while the tele plays like a dream, giving all the needed nuances and moodswings on a whim, quite the opposite of what the (internet) folklore seems to dictate..

Billy3

Tele-Afflicted
Hello all! After lurking for o so long I couldn't resist the urge to join and contribute(...) to this fine forum! I always enjoy the relaxed atmosphere here and well .. nothing beats a morning coffee and a good read on posts about beautiful telecasters - and other guitars too! Been playing here in the Netherlands for about 40 years and always wanted a tele, but it took me some 25 years before I got my first one - a MIM that convinced me that the ergonomics and utilitarian character of a tele tops that of any other type of guitar for me! The MIM went, and some time later I bought my 2016 American Professional Tele - pics included in this post ofcourse. I also have a variety of other guitars but this tele is always like coming home for me.
View attachment 994311

I might not be posting a lot on this forum.. but you never know 🙃 . Currently I'm modding the hell out of a Dynacord Twen amp, so I might post there in the DIY Shock Brothers Section about my findings of this process. Thanks for listening! 😃
Welcome.Always good to see another Lefty around these parts. Have fun glad you're here.

arlum

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
Welcome to TDPRI. I think you've made a great decision. It certainly was for me.