Finally Joined the Family: HNGD!!!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by supersoldier71, Aug 31, 2012.

1. supersoldier71

supersoldier71 Tele-Holic

Scored this made in India Squier VM SSH Tele today at the GC just opened here in town...noodled and riffed on it through an Egnater Rebel-30 for about 30 minutes and knew that this baby HAD to come home.

[​IMG]

Got home and played for another 90 minutes.

I know the purists might say that it's not quite Tele enough, and they're probably right. I was fully prepared to hate the stacked Duncan-designed humbuckers in the bridge and middle, but I actually love the sounds I can get from this thing, both through the Egnater in the store and once I got it home through my RP1000 and studio monitors. Bridge is lacking something clean, but from overdrive to distortion, it sounds fierce. Middle is the opposite, but clean, my low-rent Nile Rodgers shines through. I'd noodled around on guitars with mini-hums before, including a Epi Nighthawk Reissue that sounded plain anemic, but this...whoa!!!!

[​IMG]

I cannot say this about any other guitar I've ever played: If the thing is in tune, you can't get a bad sound out of the neck mini-humbucker!

The 2nd and 4th positions are pretty tasty too!

When I pulled it down from the rack, I was envisioning a bunch of mods; brass saddles (nope; this thing is bright enough as it is!), maybe some new tuners (why would I do that without knowing whether it stays in tune or not), new pickups (without having heard the thing, at that point)...None of those will be happening. I may figure out a way to add the Fender mid-boost circuit, because I spent about 40 minutes trying to find a bad sound on a FSR tele with that feature, and had no success.

Anyway, after years of lurking, I finally own a Telecaster, and I couldn't be happier.

:D:D:D

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  2. Hiker

Hiker Poster Extraordinaire

Congrats, what a great looking Tele! You've got me wanting to demo one!

3. Camplain

Camplain Tele-Holic

Looks nice, bet you can get all kinds of cool sounds with those pickups. Congrats!

4. thorton077

thorton077 Tele-Afflicted

Congrats!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.