Finally Joined the Family: HNGD!!!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by supersoldier71, Aug 31, 2012.

1. supersoldier71

supersoldier71 Tele-Holic

Scored this made in India Squier VM SSH Tele today at the GC just opened here in town...noodled and riffed on it through an Egnater Rebel-30 for about 30 minutes and knew that this baby HAD to come home.

[​IMG]

Got home and played for another 90 minutes.

I know the purists might say that it's not quite Tele enough, and they're probably right. I was fully prepared to hate the stacked Duncan-designed humbuckers in the bridge and middle, but I actually love the sounds I can get from this thing, both through the Egnater in the store and once I got it home through my RP1000 and studio monitors. Bridge is lacking something clean, but from overdrive to distortion, it sounds fierce. Middle is the opposite, but clean, my low-rent Nile Rodgers shines through. I'd noodled around on guitars with mini-hums before, including a Epi Nighthawk Reissue that sounded plain anemic, but this...whoa!!!!

[​IMG]

I cannot say this about any other guitar I've ever played: If the thing is in tune, you can't get a bad sound out of the neck mini-humbucker!

The 2nd and 4th positions are pretty tasty too!

When I pulled it down from the rack, I was envisioning a bunch of mods; brass saddles (nope; this thing is bright enough as it is!), maybe some new tuners (why would I do that without knowing whether it stays in tune or not), new pickups (without having heard the thing, at that point)...None of those will be happening. I may figure out a way to add the Fender mid-boost circuit, because I spent about 40 minutes trying to find a bad sound on a FSR tele with that feature, and had no success.

Anyway, after years of lurking, I finally own a Telecaster, and I couldn't be happier.

:D:D:D

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  2. Hiker

Hiker Poster Extraordinaire

Congrats, what a great looking Tele! You've got me wanting to demo one!

3. Camplain

Camplain Tele-Holic

Looks nice, bet you can get all kinds of cool sounds with those pickups. Congrats!

4. thorton077

thorton077 Tele-Afflicted

Congrats!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.