I finally got the chance to relic a tele. One of my wife's co-workers had a tele that they had started to relic some forearm wear but felt it looked too planned and gave up on it. I told him I'd be willing to try it and he actually let me. Of course, I wouldn't let him watch me as it would make us both too nervous to do the necessary "finish." As I was working on it, i started to realize that this was most likely a poly finish which took a while to get where I wanted it. I didn't disassemble it because I wasn't too keen on taking it all apart. If it were mine, I would have... I just didn't want to give it back beat up and risk the chance of it not working properly. I just did all of the work withnthe strings and everything (but the knobs) still intact. I think it came out all right for a poly relic. Pics in the next post.