Finally got to put some tele on a track - PRRI, EP Booster

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by UpstateDon, Nov 17, 2019.

1. UpstateDon

UpstateDon TDPRI Member

Been learning to do home recording past few weeks, having a blast. Writing tunes for the first time, but I've been doing a lot of acoustic, mellow, and bluegrass. Finally wrote a tune with a little more spice, I could play the tele. Everything is played with my Baja tele, PRRI on 4, EP booster, a little Barber Gain Changer, and a belle epoch delay (just got it yesterday...love it!). The rhythm playing has a little MXR phase 95 on it. Everything is just running straight to the day, with a little reverb and compression added - haven't learned how to do anything else. I didn't play the drums on this one though...I bought EZ Drummer yesterday, and this was my first stab at that.

Guitar solo starts right around 1:59, after the pedal steel solo. Flubbed a little, but just wanted to get something recorded quick, before I forgot the song.

Anyways, I was pretty happy with my first attempt to record some real tele tones. Mic is a seinheiser 609. Hope you enjoy! Any tips, recording or otherwise, are welcomed! Thanks for listening.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    4pickupguy, JimInMO, Jesse414 and 3 others like this.
  2. decker

decker Tele-Holic

Good stuff Don.

3. Jesse414

Jesse414 TDPRI Member

Sounds great

4. UpstateDon

UpstateDon TDPRI Member

Thanks! The EzDrummer program seems like it'll be a game changer (once I figure it out), since I can't play and don't have drums.

Jesse414 likes this.
  5. Jesse414

Jesse414 TDPRI Member

Post more clips when you can they are really good.

6. UpstateDon

UpstateDon TDPRI Member

Sure thing! Here's a new one I just did (below) Not an original, but my Dad asked if I could try Mamma Tried...which is one of my favorite tunes...I'm a big Merle Haggard fan. I thought I was gonna biff it...but I think it came out alright...I was stumbling a little on the nylon...wish I had some nails. I'm like so pumped how my Baja and PRRI sound recorded...just turned the treble up to seven, and it had that nice bite for that signature lick in the song.

Thanks for listening and for your kind words!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    buddyboy and Jesse414 like this.
  7. Jesse414

Jesse414 TDPRI Member

That was really great!! Thanks for sharing it. You should always make music I think you were meant to. Very talented you are.

8. UpstateDon

UpstateDon TDPRI Member

That's really nice of you to say. Unfortunately, I've spent all these years just kinda noodling at home after work...once in a blue moon, find a bluegrass jam or something. Really wish I could do more with music. Trying to now, I guess.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  9. buddyboy

buddyboy Tele-Meister

Nice job. I used to use EZDrummer too when I recorded through a PC, but I don't think it works with Macs. Pity. It's a great program.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.