Finally got "The Reverso" tweeked to the way I intended it.

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Blazer, Jun 10, 2021 at 9:00 PM.

1. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Well, THIS is "The Reverso"
    Reverso 1.jpg
    Which is a pinecaster strat with a reverse body and a Jimi Hendrix "Monterey" paint job. It was a lot of fun to do but I had to make some compromises. The neck that was on there was made for a different instrument and as you can tell by how the strings are running over the bridge saddles and over the pole pieces, was too narrow to work with the guitar.

Now last weekend I made myself owner of THESE.
    Necks and bodies.JPG Which included a left handed strat neck which, as I was told was part of an art guitar and thus had paint residue all over the fingerboard and headstock.

In short I had found THAT neck which would make the Reverso into the guitar I always intended it to be.
    DSC02763.JPG
    The string spacing is finally what it should have been, the cluttering up of the strings is gone, it plays so much better and the look of an upside down strat is THERE.

DSC02764.JPG
    Yes, I placed a strap button next to the neckplate, it improved strap on balance so much

DSC02765.JPG
    All in all, I'm stoked.

2. Flip G

Flip G Tele-Meister

That looks fantastic! I love the three click buttons in place of a toggle switch. My first time seeing that. Would be cool to watch a musician switching between rhythm, lead, and quack in the middle of a number by hopping their index finger all over the body.

3. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Friend of Leo's

That is cool! Great vision and great execution. I could dig something like that...all my action occurs below the 12th fret, I’m not into the high screamy notes beyond the odd momentary touch harmonic as an accent...so the reversed cutaways would not hinder anything Indo at all.

Man, that is cool!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.