Finally got my Squire, not happy!!!

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by mrloshaw, Jun 26, 2020.

1. mrloshaw

mrloshaw TDPRI Member

The price in Canadian dollars is 640$ tax in. Maybe I'm off but to me that's not cheap, our dollar is 75% of the USD

2. burtf51

burtf51 Tele-Holic

don't know where you ordered from but do they advertise that they do an extensive point check?

3. mrloshaw

mrloshaw TDPRI Member

That's what I thought but this came straight from fender, it didn't even go to the store to be looked over, that was a mistake on fenders part.

4. mrloshaw

mrloshaw TDPRI Member

They are supposed to have their luthier go over it but it came from fender not the store

5. Seattlesurfer

Seattlesurfer TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

6. Seattlesurfer

Seattlesurfer TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Love my 2010 double bound CV!

7. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Order the Wilkinson brass compensated saddles...probably under $20 Canadian. They work just as good as any others......including Fenders brass saddles. But buy them from a US or Canadian source, not Ali Express or any other Asian source.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q3C9M4N/?tag=tdpri-20

68Telebass likes this.
  8. PCollen

DID the dealer ship it ? Or did the dealer order it, and have it drop-shipped directly , from Fender ?

Edit 06/27: ...OK, I see you stated it came "straight from Fender".

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  9. 68Telebass

68Telebass Tele-Afflicted

Not everyone has 2k to sink into an AMERICAN guitar. Some folks are not relying on the guitar as a source of income, but rather as a rewarding and fun hobby.
    Squires are cheaper, but they are no all disappointments like this poor poster had! He clearly got something not to the specs he paid for.
    A CV Squier is a reliably good guitar with a tweak and a setup. Bullets may require more extensive fiddling (pickups, pots, fret dress etc). But saying you cant get a good player for under 2k is flat out wrong. Plenty of made in Mexico Fender guitars are great, plenty of Ibanez and Squires are as well-
    Heck- I’m even thinking about getting a Glarry Tele as a project platform!! Yes, a GLARRY!!! $90 free shipping to my door. I can dress the frets, swap out the pickups with bootstrap “original recipe” ($49!). Shield the cavities, get brass saddles from Wilkinson and a new tusq nut and have a great player for under $200 I think!

10. mrloshaw

mrloshaw TDPRI Member

China

11. Powwerzombie

Powwerzombie Tele-Meister

Sweetwater will take care of you....they are def not guitar center.

12. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

13. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Holic

Ok, so I have a theory....

The new Classic Vibes originally started production in Indonesia, and I remember seeing evidence of real bone nuts.

But now that some production (could be for several reasons) is back in China, or maybe simultaneously, materials may have changed as well.

Usually, manufacturers put disclaimers on spec sheets that some features are subject to change and that's because of potential supply issues or manufacturing changes.

Legally (I am an attorney) minor changes to a product do NOT amount to a material breach of any implied contract or warranty.

This is where good customer service comes into play.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Powwerzombie and PCollen like this.
  14. IronSchef

IronSchef Tele-Holic

I don’t like the looks of that fretboard edge - I have had several cv50s maple necks, strats and teles, never saw anything like that. Return or exchange it if u can

Wallaby and PCollen like this.
  15. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

You should've bought a Squier instead of a Squire.

The transposition of those two letters on the headstock makes all the difference in quality, 'IMOH'. :lol:

16. guitarist232345

guitarist232345 Tele-Meister

Same here. that fretboard edge is... fishy. It looks like a hard corner. The fretboard edge on my 2019 Indo Esquire is perfectly rounded like this [​IMG]

17. PCollen

With US$ price at $399, price in Canada should be $532 , plus tax and any other "add ons".
    That $640 Canadian equates to $480 US ...did you have to pay for shipping, and taxes ?

18. PCollen

...and authenticity. I'm sure that was a joke as no picture or mention of the brand name on the headstock has been presented by the OP. "The V.C. Squier Company manufactured strings for violins, banjos, and guitars. It was established in 1890 by Victor Carroll Squier in Battle Creek, Michigan", so Squier is the original founders surname (like Fender, Gretsch, et. al.)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    guitarist232345 and RoyBGood like this.
  19. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Holic

That fretboard looks better than any MiM I've seen and rivals some MiA... The fret tang channel is filled and finished over and the fret ends are dressed to end 'before' the rolled edge. Exquisite, actually.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

guitarist232345 likes this.
  20. guitarist232345

guitarist232345 Tele-Meister

When I first picked it up I thought to myself 'hang on... is this right?" because I've played a lot of MiM Fenders with harder corner edges on the fretboard. Even my Gibson isn't this rounded...

The only problem I've had with it is 2/3 fret edges sticking out but that has a 50% chance of being a manufacturer's fault due to it coming from Indonesia to England (very different climates). I levelled them and have since had no problems.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.