Finally got a proper Telecaster

DanglingNutslots

Tele-Meister
Had a Nashville Deluxe some time ago and didn't get on with it. Found it too bright. Sold it figuring all Tele's are basically country twangers. Didn't like the Strat-style saddles either. Seemed out of place on a Telecaster. That's it below. Pretty guitar.

IMG_4290.JPG

Then I dipped my toes into the Tele waters a year ago with a dual humbucker model. Also not a proper Tele in the strictest sense of the word. I still have this and it's a 60th anniversary model that I really like.

Tele 1.jpg

Lately I've been wondering what I've been missing in not having a regular ol' Telecaster. Been watching lots of "That Pedal Show" and admiring the tones Dan gets from his two Tele's. Then I saw the 75th anniversary issue and decided I had to give Tele's one more try. Am I ever glad I did. This thing rocks. I don't know if it's the Custom Shop Twisted Tele pickups that make the difference but it's gnarly, mean and can rip your head off. Sounds fantastic with Blues, Rock, Hard Rock and even metal. Those two pickups are really versatile. The only thing I don't like so much is the Deep C neck. I prefer a normal C as this one is quite large and not as comfortable. Here she is.

IMG_6972.JPG

IMG_6973.JPG

DanglingNutslots

Tele-Meister
I think the Anniversary Strats and Teles have one of the nicest Fender finishes in recent memory. They really pop in-person. And the wood grain on the ones I've seen are beautiful. Online store photos don't do them justice at all. Enjoy!
It also appears to be one piece. I told the sales person I was looking for a one-piece body and it seems he delivered.

boxocrap

Tele-Afflicted
Had a Nashville Deluxe some time ago and didn't get on with it. Found it too bright. Sold it figuring all Tele's are basically country twangers. Didn't like the Strat-style saddles either. Seemed out of place on a Telecaster. That's it below. Pretty guitar.

View attachment 937093

Then I dipped my toes into the Tele waters a year ago with a dual humbucker model. Also not a proper Tele in the strictest sense of the word. I still have this and it's a 60th anniversary model that I really like.

View attachment 937094

Lately I've been wondering what I've been missing in not having a regular ol' Telecaster. Been watching lots of "That Pedal Show" and admiring the tones Dan gets from his two Tele's. Then I saw the 75th anniversary issue and decided I had to give Tele's one more try. Am I ever glad I did. This thing rocks. I don't know if it's the Custom Shop Twisted Tele pickups that make the difference but it's gnarly, mean and can rip your head off. Sounds fantastic with Blues, Rock, Hard Rock and even metal. Those two pickups are really versatile. The only thing I don't like so much is the Deep C neck. I prefer a normal C as this one is quite large and not as comfortable. Here she is.

View attachment 937095

View attachment 937096
it is nice..but..they all are;)

Tele-Meister

Tele-Meister

View attachment 937093

View attachment 937094

View attachment 937095

View attachment 937096

Beautiful guitars!!! Congratulations on entering the Tele-Club! I'm gonna enter it too once I finish this build! The Wudtone finishes just arrived today!

What type of wood (the top, or face of the guitar) does the second tele have? The H-H one?

John C

Friend of Leo's
That's a nice one; congrats!! The 75th Anniversary models are really pretty; love the gold hardware on that sunburst shade.

Your American Deluxe QMT has a great top; those could vary from really nice like yours to not all that figured. By the way it's not a 60th Anniversary model; every Fender made in 2006 got that 60th Anniversary medallion on the back of the headstock.

Jerry J

Friend of Leo's
That blue Nashville Deluxe was the bomb. I would have switched out the saddles and maybe the Pups. Plus, I am a sucker for bounded Teles. Anyway, congrats on your new Tele and glad that it met your expectations.