Finally going to get to see Blackberry Smoke!

Nubs

Friend of Leo's
Very cool! I saw them here last summer. I had vaguely heard of them before then and they put on a good show. A good honest southern rock band.

Hendrixlvr

Tele-Holic
Very cool! I saw them here last summer. I had vaguely heard of them before then and they put on a good show. A good honest southern rock band.
I can’t wait! I’ve been overdosing on their albums for a long time now. It will be great to finally see them. More than likely I will spring for the VIP so I can meet they guys. Maybe have them sign my tele! :D

BWNadeau

Tele-Afflicted
I’ll see you there! I had tickets to finally get to see them a few weeks ago, but the show was post-pones due to Brandon Stills’ mom passing away. Totally understandable, but I’ll drive to TO to see them no prob ;-).

Right now my Jeep has Waylon,The Band, John Prine and BBS on the playlists ;-)

LGOberean

Doctor of Teleocity
I haven't seen them live, but one of their concerts was aired on AXS TV back in 2012 or thereabouts, that's how I first heard of them. I like their Southern Rock Revisited genre, their tone, their songwriting (though not all). Shoot, even their look is right for this ol' rockin' long-haired country boy from Texas.

This one's the only BBS song I've added to my repertoire so far. If I were forced to pick a favorite, this would be it...

Last edited:

SPUDCASTER

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Love the Smoke! Great southern rock.

They don't make it up around these parts. Although, I did see they played Boise once. Missed it.:(

BWNadeau

Tele-Afflicted
I love all their songs. Ain’t much left is the one that drew me in - one horse town confirmed it, which brought me to these:

Lonn

Friend of Leo's
I liked the first song I heard from them on Pandora but haven’t really cared for much since then, should probably give them another listen.

teledude66

Friend of Leo's
They play all around the Carolinas, even recorded their live DVD near Raleigh, but I haven't seen them yet. They take me back to what it was like in my youth, in the early 80's. When I first got into music, great players, and great lyrics.

slauson slim

Poster Extraordinaire
The opportunity to see BBS was a good part of why I went on Outlaw Country Cruises 2 and 3. I saw them six times over the course of both cruises. Good songs, good band, good live.

Last edited:

Matt G

Tele-Afflicted
Should be a great show. I always enjoyed their work, and am surprised they haven't got more traction. As it is, the only time I've heard their stuff played in public was at the Houses Of Parliament (pub) in Bordeaux back in 2014. The music world, including radio, is really quite a mystery to me these days. I don't know what it takes to succeed, or what sensible musically-inclined people are listening to. There's so much great stuff out there, but it all seems very fragmented. So I'm sure glad I don't have to make a living at it.

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I laughed at their name and their whole look and then - I heard them.

Fantastic band.

And - they're playing Toledo soon...hmmmm...