Finally Getting To Do This! Hello from Lakeway, TX

AustinPaul

TDPRI Member
Hey y'all. I've been posting for a while (generally when I'm responding to interesting threads sent to my email.

My first pro-level guitar was the new Tele I bought in new in '76. I'll never forget what it felt like. Man, I absolutely Ioved the feeling of opening the case and seeing that beautiful shiny new Tele (walnut color w/ all maple neck) sitting there. I played with my small band, in my high school jazz band, and in various other places. I never got one scratch on her. Played it through a monstrous MusicMan HD-130 2x12 + MusicMan 4x12 cab. To say that I was over-amped would be an understatement! 🤠

To do it over again, I would have started with a Deluxe Reverb, which I would probably still have. The guitar, amp, and cab are all gone. There was nothing remarkable about any of it. Good quality gear for sure, but nothing I regret selling - though it would definitely be nice to have that Tele now. I could have modded it to my liking (pickups, frets)

Anyway, here's a pic of my original rig as described above. Apologies for the low-quality. It's a picture of an old picture, from probably '76-'78.
20160122_002945.jpg

Fenderdad1950

Friend of Leo's
Hindsight is always 20-20 in doing things over concerning guitars & amps purchased. In 1969 when I went into the Air Force, I would have searched diligently for a used Tweed Deluxe (5E3 circuit) and bought it.