Finally getting around to setting up recording! What ya think?

Hey_you

Friend of Leo's
Comments?
P1010001.JPG

I shopped the 15" speaker due to too much brightness. That's why it looks odd.
Ed: My 1st photo of my recently new, Les Paul R4!

FortyEight

Friend of Leo's
Nice gear.

My first good mic was an sm57 and i didnt like it much. 2 years later and ive started to figure out its sweet spot and now I cant seem to get enough of it. For me I figured out the closer it is to the sound source, the better it does. all the way on the face screen of an amp. last vocals i did i was singing off axis about 2" away and i was liking it. also seems to do drum sounds real good.

my pg81 sdc does better with things farther away and sounds more like what im hearing in the room. its really good for acoustic guitar. but ive used it for amps too. and it was easier to understand what sounds good with it. but now that ive kinda figured out how to use the 57 i feel like i got some good options.

then the big question is: do in NEED a LDC? maybe.....

Hey_you

Friend of Leo's
I’ve had my eyes on a Volt. Let us know what you think.

I’d like a Reeves, too, if it sounds like a Hiwatt clean. Does it?
Yes sir it does!! And then some! A clean Hiwatt/Reeves amp is not for everyone. I say that because, You Will Hear Everything put through them. I wanted that. It has improved my playing. Turn the volume and it just keeps getting Louder! These type of amps will not distort like other amps. It takes pedals Very well.
My guitar instructor played through mine and was dazzled by hearing sounds she never heard using other amp. She is quite impressed. I play 6-string through it more than bass guitar. Built to Military specs.

Ben Harmless

Poster Extraordinaire
You're starting with the right toys, that's for sure. You can get a decent recording of pretty much anything with two SM57s, and that interface is getting good reviews.

I have a friend who used to roll around playing punk rock shows with a 100w Harry Joyce amp. I think HJ was responsible for introducing that mil-spec standard at Hiwatt. It was an absolute monster of an amp. Once HJ died, it probably became worth it's massive weight in gold. The only issue was that it was so clean that the guy just wound up using a distortion pedal in his band, kind of defeating the purpose of having such an amazing amp. He did, however, write a punk song about it:

Hey_you

Friend of Leo's
I looked for a long time finding a pre-83 Hiwatt. Didn't happen. This is a reason I bought Reeves. Plus, I will probably never worry about replacing the electronic parts.