1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Finally found a use for that Metal Master...

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Festofish, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

2. Phrygian77

Phrygian77 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I had the pink Thrash Master sometime around 1990. It did what I needed then.

Festofish likes this.
  3. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

I swear my thought was “either a doorstop or a paperweight”.
    Boss makes an acoustic simulator that would be equally adept.

4. Refugee

Refugee Tele-Meister

Admittedly, I am a bit intrigued by what the X-Series Morph knob does.

5. OlRedNeckHippy

OlRedNeckHippy Friend of Leo's

Yup. Mine was "To light for a boat anchor, got to be a door stop."

Festofish, 985plowboy and Ronzo like this.
  6. Ronzo

Ronzo Tele-Afflicted

A slightly modified Rip Glitter review:

Price Paid: US $59
    Ease of Use: 10
    This pedal doesn't f—- around with lots of fancy-schmancy knobs. You get Level, Gain, and Presence. What the f—- else do you need? Personally, I don't like having to do math when I'm trying to get good tone out of my axe. That's why the helpful folks at DOD have removed numbers from their knob dials, and just use black dots. Why the f—- should i have to remember "Presence 3, Gain 10, Level 10" when my little brother's jagoff friends come over and f— with my ****? When I plug in my Signature Randy Rhoads Jackson V, I only want to think about one thing: rocking my azz off. The THRASH MASTER gives me that hardcore metal edge I want without all the pu—y crap. Turn the knobs and turn it up!

Sound Quality: 10
    I wish I could explain it. It's like Kerry King and Scott Ian went
    cannibal, killed and ate the members of Diabolic Intent, jacked off their Diabolic Intent-infested spooge all over the second Type O album, and played it through my Eddie Van Halen 5150 half-stack at top volume. This pedal is METAL through and through. Sometimes I have to stop and slam my head into the wall because I can't believe how f—-ing amazing my axe sounds with the Thrash Master. After I regain consciousness, I can hear this heavy grinding noise through my amp, and i realize that even when I was knocked out, the Thrash Master KEPT ON ROCKING WITHOUT ME. That's how good this pedal is.

Reliability: 10
    You can beat this thing like a cheap back-alley wh-re and it'll keep
    coming back for more. No matter how EXTREME you think you might be, the THRASH MASTER can take all you dish out and more. It never stops pumping out the fist-pounding metal, even if you kick it like some pu—y BUSH fan who showed up at the last Dark Legion show because he thought it was a D&D tournament.

Customer Support: N/A

Overall Rating: 10
    If you don't get the point by now, maybe you never will. The THRASH
    MASTER is ready to give massive strokes to all your neighbors and those people who are unlucky enough to be walking by your home when you're playing through it. If you want, I will come over and thrash on my amp on your lawn, and you can install some new windows after you pound some craters into the walls with your head, because it's just that intense. And it's only like $59, so it only takes like 5 lawn mowing jobs before you can buy it.

Submitted by Rip Glitter at 05/12/2000 08:28

7. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

It’s actually my cousin’s first pedal. That’s the only reason I have it in the first place. He’s still with us but gave up on guitar. I bought his loaded board which included 3 pedals with the word Metal in it. I told him I’d keep this because it was his first....in a string of pedal mistakes. Just kidding I love metal but don’t play anywhere near that level of gain. I got the pedal train and a CFH Wah that’s the best Dunlop I’ve tried. If you love it then thrash on.

8. OlRedNeckHippy

OlRedNeckHippy Friend of Leo's

179.gif 174.gif

Ronzo likes this.
  9. 11 Gauge

11 Gauge Doctor of Teleocity

The Thrash Master and American Metal were mostly derived from the Boss HM-2, believe it or not. DOD simply 'integrated' the bass and treble controls into a singular tone knob.

If you need distortion that isn't subtle, then those two pedals are good candidates.

10. Daddy Hojo

Daddy Hojo Friend of Leo's

I have their Distortion Factory pedal that models all the great distortions: a tubescreamer, DOD 250, DS-1, RAT, Boss Metalzone, Big Muff, and you guessed it.... this pedal. The model of the Metal Master is absolutely awful.

11. Daddy Hojo

Daddy Hojo Friend of Leo's

The HM-2 is more versatile than people give it credit for. It's not just the Swedish Chainsaw - Even Jerry Garcia used it for his drive sounds.

northernguitar likes this.
  12. northernguitar

northernguitar Friend of Leo's

The HM-2 is heavily dependant on the amp it's driving.

Daddy Hojo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.