1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Finally found a satisfying univibe

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by trxx, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I’m a sucker for movement. A little or a lot. I’m enjoying the MDV3 from OP. I think the modern univibe pedal is good. Love the throb.

2. trxx

trxx Tele-Afflicted

That thing has a ton of throb. It definitely is not lacking in that department. That was one thing that made me move away from it though, for fear of pushing some vintage speakers too hard. I wanted something tamer.

The speed on the MDV-3 is also capable of getting much faster than the Micro Vibe, which makes for some cool fast modulation effects in the vein of Black Hole Sun. I will definitely miss that. But I think I have found a good alternative for that in another pedal, @schmee mentioning the Visual Sound Liquid H20. I grabbed a v3 that has a continuous adjustment between chorus and vibrato. We'll see after it shows up.

Festofish likes this.
  3. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Thanks for doing all that. I didn't read anything first, just played the clips. No. 2 in the first set of 3 and No. 1 in the second set of 3 sound like a Vibe (The Depths).

I can't agree with all pedals having the same 'feeling'. The throb characteristic is definitely the heart to a good Vibe..

4. MojoTrwall

MojoTrwall Tele-Holic

You got it right even with the sloppy play and excess of fuzz !

BorderRadio likes this.
  5. trxx

trxx Tele-Afflicted

I am too, and that may have something to do with the heavy throb that I got from the MDV-3.

schmee likes this.
  6. neilybob100

neilybob100 Tele-Meister

Sorry for highjacking this thread but has anyone ever tried a univibe into ...... a univibe? Maybe one set to slow speed and one set to fast?

Just interested.

7. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Friend of Leo's

Don't hijack the thread, just start a new one with your question/topic.

neilybob100 likes this.
  8. Dobbin

Dobbin TDPRI Member

I love the sound and keep buying so-called better and better vibes, I'm on an Earthquaker The Depths now. It is a good pedal if not totally authentic.

My issue is that when I PLAY I end up turning more to my 2 stage phaser and my tremolo which can do harmonic and vibrato sounds when I am wanting movement and pulse.

Go figure.

9. FenderLover

FenderLover Poster Extraordinaire

Still have my old original Deja Vibe Stereo. It's as big as a breadbox but sounds great, the stereo out is mesmerizing. Don't think they made many. Maybe it'll be worth a fortune some day.

These days I use my Flint more, with the Harmonic Trem in stereo.

10. zippofan

zippofan Tele-Afflicted

I have the Voodoo Lab modded by JHS, which definitely improved the speed sweep. I love the Ventura Vibe too.

11. NorthenLights

NorthenLights Tele-Meister

Just thought I mention that you convinced me to pull the trigger on a used Dunlop jhm 3! It's the same circuit as your pedal, but with the Jimi Hendrix 70th anniversary art work on the box. And you know what? I agree with you that it's awsome :D

Festofish likes this.
  12. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I bought that MDV3 from a fellow TDPRI member and I sincerely think about going back to the box. It’s a great pedal but the sound isn’t any better to my ears. I am a sucker for treadle pedals!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.