Finally!! First band rehearsal since the zombie apocalypse!!

4pickupguy

Doctor of Teleocity
Finally!! First post zombie apocalypse rehearsal!!!
We got together for the first time in literally years and have a new singer who is very good and no slouch on guitar !!

Though we were lacking any dynamics, it was surprisingly tight sounding! Resurrected some old chestnuts and introduced a few new ones. Looking forward to weekends more than ever now.

So far only covers but looking forward to doing a few of our own tunes.

I was only using the wet side of my W/D\W rig in stereo and at first I struggled getting volume levels right on the drives, especially the Fuzz Face. Had to really crank it to get a good balance between clean and dirty on the volume knob.

The set list is all over the place Genesis, Bowie, Rufus, D’Angelo,…. We’ll settle in on that eventually.

This band is going to have fantastic vocals and harmonies.

It just feels good to be playing. Felt good to move some air again! Stoked!!

4pickupguy

Doctor of Teleocity
Holy cow I am stoked! Second reheasal and things are jelling like magic. We quickly worked up some challenging tunes (for me at least) effortlessly.
Turn It On Again -Genesis
Long Distance Runaround -Yes
Fame -David Bowie
The more basic tunes are more solid than they have ever been. New life and they groove hard and are tight.
Still struggling with dynamics and volume but we are going get there on that. The drummer is THE BEST DRUMMER I HAVE EVER PLAYED WITH!! He is so good, even MY time feel is better! Instant harmonies instinctively and tight. We all hit the same substitutions at the same time or at least the next time!!! Freakish. We were all so jazzed from todays practice we are hitting again tomorrow! When music is fun, its the best!
Still battling volume balance problems with my rig but it really sings when its moving some air. I’m only using the wet side of my rig which is usually just the stereo effects, but it sounds killer.

Not even sure why am posting this other than I have not played in so long. To have it sound so good so quickly is super exciting. This really feels right and there are no prima donnas or narcissist or drama queens, so hopefully we will make this work.

Rich_S

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Every time my old ‘80s band get together for a reunion show, I can’t remember how to play Turn It On Again. I always have to go back and and re-learn it and then realize that last time, I was playing it wrong. Every time, it’s different and wrong.

I hate that song.