Finally finished

Palle hansen

TDPRI Member
Hi Guys.
I've been working on guitars for many years, and thought about how to make guitars from old upcycled wood.
So I found an old mahogany table, a rosewood front edge from an old shop counter, then I got a lot of veneer from a local closed down furniture factory, and with some hardware, magnets and coil wire, I was ready to start my build.
It took some time to find the materials, and there were a lot of tools to make on the way to the finished guitar, but I'm very pleased with the result, and also the fact that no new wood had to be cut before I could build it.

Here is some pictures from the build.

20200610_090220.jpg
20210314_145803.jpg
20210317_103549.jpg
20210317_105658.jpg
20210322_094334.jpg

And then the final guitar:

20210324_093634.jpg
20210324_221848.jpg

The next one will be a pinecaster I have some old pine floorboards form 1880 that I have glued up. They are from my local church that had a renovation and I'm looking forward to hear that wood, it', really ringing.

Deeve

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Oh, my - that head-stock looks great.
And, of course, the pickup surfaces, too.
Peace - Deeve

GreatDaneRock

Tele-Afflicted
Wowza, that's about the coolest Tele I've laid eyes on! Those wooden pickups, oh my.

See if you can record some clips for us to hear it ringing! Congratulations!!!

EugeneWeemich

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
Hi Guys.
I've been working on guitars for many years, and thought about how to make guitars from old upcycled wood.
So I found an old mahogany table, a rosewood front edge from an old shop counter, then I got a lot of veneer from a local closed down furniture factory, and with some hardware, magnets and coil wire, I was ready to start my build.
It took some time to find the materials, and there were a lot of tools to make on the way to the finished guitar, but I'm very pleased with the result, and also the fact that no new wood had to be cut before I could build it.

View attachment 918552 View attachment 918553 View attachment 918554 View attachment 918555 View attachment 918556

View attachment 918557 View attachment 918558

The next one will be a pinecaster I have some old pine floorboards form 1880 that I have glued up. They are from my local church that had a renovation and I'm looking forward to hear that wood, it', really ringing.

very very nice!

leadworship26

TDPRI Member
I got a question. I am doing a Tele out of mahogany and want to do a transparent Blue. Do I need to do a grain filler. Then stain then schallac. Or can I schallac first and stain after? I honestly need a helping hand. Thanks

Telefsantasia1

Tele-Meister
Hi Guys.

View attachment 918552 View attachment 918553 View attachment 918554 View attachment 918555 View attachment 918556

View attachment 918557 View attachment 918558

A job well done! Absolutely beautiful

Blue Bill

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I got a question. I am doing a Tele out of mahogany and want to do a transparent Blue. Do I need to do a grain filler. Then stain then schallac. Or can I schallac first and stain after? I honestly need a helping hand. Thanks
First: Practice on some scrap until you are sure you will get the color you want.

Next, stain the bare wood

After that, apply shellac or other varnish.

Next, post pictures so we can snoop.