Finally finished re-watching all 9 seasons of Seinfeld

goonie

Friend of Leo's
No binging, just an episode most nights, or less if I was too dog tired to last 22 minutes. very occasionally two in a row.
Never once did I feel like giving it up. Many episodes I had seen before.
It's so refreshing that the main characters, except perhaps Kramer, were more interested in being funny than likable.
Actually that kind of kept the show fresh because for the last few seasons, all four of them just got more and more self-centred and selfish. Which culminated of course with the finale, where they were put on trial for being horrible people.

There were flabby spots of course and a couple of episodes were downright stinkers. But overall the quality was exceptional.

No prizes for guessing what I've started on now!

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
I was always pretty sure the Costanzas came from someone knowing my mother's uncle and his family or a clone. In real life that was not always so funny but it could be.

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Seinfeld is/was also a loving tribute to NYC; albeit a dysfunctional love! That show really grabbed me when in an episode there's a conversation about a hard to describe smell in an apartment building or a building's hallway. Suddenly it comes to one of them...Potatoes!!! For anyone who's ever lived in large city apartments it's absolutely EXACTLY what so many of those buildings smelled like with so many different varieties of food being cooked. Potatoes! That's classic Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David-the humor contained in the most mundane, day to day stuff of life. :)

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I was inspired by the "opposite George" episodes...

and actually decided to do it a decade ago.... I was tired of going out and doing the same old things, visiting the same people.,etc.... and said...

World, I'm just going to sit here in my house now and now everything comes to me, people come to my house, things I need will come to me......
I'm just going to play guitars, if none of you want to join in, your loss.

and things started to come to me, some rather unexpected positive things... like telecasters and tube amps, running a school rock band, teaching kids guitars, building guitars, playing Bass in a trio..old friends I hadn't seen for decades just turned up out of the blue, that are still my regular friends...

totally the opposite of what I had been doing previously ...

George was onto something..;)