Finally fall is in the air, and we have some clear sky to look at.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

The air has been so bad here, that I had a seasonal asthma attack for the first time in many years. For some reason I just got over having them but a couple of weeks ago, I had to call in for an inhaler. Momma got a thirty off coupon at Kohl's and had to at least buy a few things for old times sake. We played golf yesterday, and I kind of ran out of gas, and slipped out of the store, and into to the car to set down, before you know it, I was asleep, and momma was saying. Are you awake? I finally noticed the air was downright delicious, and you could see clouds in the sky in the distance.

While we were out we went by a grocery store we don't usually shop at but used to in order to pick up some sour doe French rolls to make pastrami sandwiches for dinner. Something different about the day kept nagging at the back of my mind, finally I realized you can feel the fall in the air big time. We'll have some hot weather next week, but I think after that we're done with it, and fall will have fully arrived. As I unloaded the CRv, I heard a train whining low in the distance, making the sound only they can, it sounded different too than it had all summer long.

2. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Afflicted

Love this time of year.

3. trapdoor2

trapdoor2 Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Yup. Last week we had a string of days where the temps at night were in the 50s (F) and in the low 70s during the day. Thursday night was clear (though windy) enough for me to get the telescope out and spend an evening with the stars and planets.

Saw the "Dumbell" and "Ring" nebulae for the first time. Pretty cool. Was able to see the Cassini division in Saturn's rings and a couple of her moons too. I'm really looking forward to lower temps, clearer skies and Orion smiling down on us...

Toto'sDad likes this.
  4. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I’m a fall guy.
    Always was.
    Always will be.

5. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

I've been able to sleep with a window open for the past week......it's finally not 90 degrees at 10 PM.
    Glad your air is starting to clear up......that's a bad deal for everyone involved.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  6. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

It's been terrible here. A car sitting on the street for a day or two looks like it's been sitting there for years. The solar panels everywhere we walk in the evening time are covered with ash. I'm sure glad it's starting to clear up!

7. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

We will be having our week of Fall starting tomorrow. Really enjoy this week every year. The rest of the time it is Summer or Hurricane season. Well we have a week of Winter and Spring also.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  8. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Last week at this time it was close to 100 degrees. Today was low 70s tomorrow, mid-60s. So far the sky is still smokey, though.

Lake Placid Blue and Toto'sDad like this.
  9. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

"the Fall" was always a mysterious concept to me as a kid when first hearing it used in US movies... who fell? what fell?.. was the fall some big accent/event that people still think about... ah yes, the faaaaallll...

took a while to make the connection with Autumn .. falling leaves was it?, falling temps?..... ;)

Around here most of the trees don't lose their leaves in winter... it stays green for the most part... some might shed more leaves as the hot summer sun starts.. to stop water loss... winters are never cold or snowy and the trees cope pretty well...:)

so if any season was the fall here it would be high dry summer... and autumns would be the relief.... :lol:

I try to avoid falls, myself.... :)

Toto'sDad likes this.
  10. Hey_you

Hey_you Tele-Holic

Looking out my south window. The moon, Saturn, and Jupiter. Mars is just coming up in the eastern sky. It's 83 out and clear. Any ya into star gazing, I use Stellarium software. Set your location and see it all.

Jlwctn likes this.
  11. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Poster Extraordinaire

I’m a couple hours north of Bakersfield. The air quality from the local fires was so thick last week I threw a rock in the air and it got stuck:rolleyes:

thunderbyrd likes this.
  12. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

where i live, there's so much light pollution that i can't see much more than the moon and venus at night. i really want to get way out in the countryside somewhere on a clear night and see the milky way again. it's been a long time since i have.

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  13. Fuelish

Fuelish Tele-Meister

foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, east TN
    Yup, Fall in east TN is more than welcome ...60 degrees on the back deck with a cup of coffee and my wife watching the sun rise over the mountains? Yes please...although it’s supposed to warm up again here, but...summer’s over!!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.