Finally dialed in the Chandler

Matt Sarad

Tele-Afflicted
Tube Overdrive.
It was given to me around 1994. Always too hot and grind, I put it into a bag of old cords and forgot about it.
Rummaging through that bag I decided to give it a try.
Plugged it into the Tweed Deluxe.
Cranked the Chandler gain to 3, the volume barely on, highs off and lows all the way.
Beautiful tone more satisfying than my ZenDrive.
I think I'll keep it and use it.

arlum

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
Small world. I've got the B. J. Butler Tube Driver and the Zendrive II. To me the Tube Driver is smoother. The Zendrive II has more of an organic blues overdrive quality to it.

E5RSY

Doctor of Teleocity
Tube Overdrive.
It was given to me around 1994. Always too hot and grind, I put it into a bag of old cords and forgot about it.
Rummaging through that bag I decided to give it a try.
Plugged it into the Tweed Deluxe.
Cranked the Chandler gain to 3, the volume barely on, highs off and lows all the way.
I think I'll keep it and use it.
Can you post a pic? There is a multitude of variants.

Scott

Matt Sarad

Tele-Afflicted
Fascinating.
I gave a Minotaur Klon clone to a friend. He runs it with his Ibanez version. '63 Strat and '65 Deluxe Reverb.
Glorious tone.

Matt Sarad

Tele-Afflicted
20210703_075614.jpg

Sax-son

Tele-Afflicted
I have one of the ZenDrives built by LovePedal. For me, it's very underwhelming. However, I have discovered that some pedals do their best with certain amps and guitars so I keep it for that reason. Hopefully I can find the right combination to where I can appreciate its abilities.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I have two and had a third years ago.
Oddly they all sound different.
Noisy was a feature!
Mine all had BK Butler covered over or scraped off, I assume he sold to Chandler and they got all his cases so tried to get his name off them before making their own same cases without his name.

Certain amps liked them with certain target sounds, and I've had many many other tube dirt pedals as well including the Radial Hot British (too processed/ compressed) one of the Matchelss maybe hot box (huge noise when stomped) another Matchless clean boost ABY (not dirt) the Soldano GTO (massive heavy and now a collectors item) then various others including Tube Works and H&K.

The BK Butler really holds its own and is still valid after all these years, designed by a keyboard player.

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
I have a tc electronics Tube Pilot that I think could really be something, but only with some major mods, like a tone control, a bias adjustment that doesn't require taking the whole thing apart, and some noise reduction, but I don't have the wherewithal to do it myself, so in the box it sits after trying to make it work as it is.

wildschwein

Tele-Afflicted

Matt Sarad

Tele-Afflicted
I used my Chandler last night at rehearsal for the very first time. Deluxe Reverb up to 3 with my SG.
The band was very happy with the tone.

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Is there any difference between Chandler and Butler or just a transfer of the brand?
both were designed by butler , I have the butler and @boxocrap has the chandler , other than a few extra functions both are out standing

Having said this these absolutely Rock in front of an amp but not as an insert to a effects loop, and if you want a new sound , just change the 12AX7 in the Pedal or in my case the rack unit.

BTW this where Dave Gilmour gets his sound he uses 2-3 of them on a live rig

tcadam

Tele-Afflicted
I've had one of the rack-mounted ones for many years. I should drag it out one of these days to see if I can get anything useful out of it.

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
I did this tonight--I tied together two .003uf paper/wax caps I pulled out of an old hifi amp, stuck them to the bottom of the pcb, and added a couple of wires from the end of the cap leads to the two points on the other side of the pot sticking out of the back of the pcb. Cuts some of the harsh treble and it seems like some of the noise is sent to ground, too. Now I like this pedal a lot more.

Last edited: