Finally came to Terms with the Digitech Trio +

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Platefire, Aug 14, 2017.

1. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

I got rid of my Trio V1.
    Picked up a beat buddy..good for my needs
    and drum samp sound more realistic.

2. Platefire

Platefire Friend of Leo's

Well I really thought they would come out with an upgraded improved Trio but it just hasn't happened. I guess it was intended to be just what it is and no more. So I guess I need to be satisfied or try some of the other offerings like you did Uriah1. I am making backup tracks like crazy with it and it is fast once you get use to its nuances, though not perfect. I just wanted to let people that have it and are experiencing trouble getting the trio+ to cooperate with them in building a track, to try re-booting. Platefire

uriah1 likes this.
  3. eclipse

eclipse Tele-Meister

Would have been great to see where the Trio could have been further developed but I think all the teams that worked on that Digitech project were let go when Samsung bought Harmon.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  4. guitar slinger

guitar slinger Tele-Meister

Does anyone know a source or is anyone willing to share/sell cover songs/tracks created with the Digitech Trio Plus ? Thanks

5. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Friend of Leo's

check youtube several folks there selling backing tracks

6. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Friend of Leo's

does anybody know, if I plug a bass into this peddle will it create the rythm guitar parts and lead for me?

7. GuitLoop

GuitLoop Tele-Meister

The trio can only create bass and drum parts. Band in a box may be closer to what you are looking for. But in biab instead of playing to create backing sound you enter chords.

8. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I received a trio plus they other day. I thought it would be easy to create some backing tracks but after spending half an hour messing with it I still hadn't dialled in anything decent. Seems it needs more time spent to get something usable from it.

9. GuitLoop

GuitLoop Tele-Meister

Keep your playing simple when training. Try playing only major and minor bar chords or cowboy chords. Make sure your guitar volume is all the way up. Assuming you are training a 4/4 song, count 1,2,3,4, 1,2,3,4 and make sure you start training on the 1 beat and end training on the 1 beat.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  10. Chunkocaster

I had watched demos and did play simplified versions of what I was playing but the drum beats and bass lines offered weren't what I wanted. I think I need to have multiple go's at it until I can get it to supply something suitable for the original songs i'm covering.

I was half expecting to find something with a few twists of the knobs.
    It also sounded like azz through my fly 3. I'll have to run it through my clean acoustic amp and use a pedal in the loop or my separate head for my drive.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    GuitLoop likes this.
  11. GuitLoop

GuitLoop Tele-Meister

The 1 beat start and end is critical. Also it MAY get confused if you don't play a number of bars divisible by 4...4, 8, 12 etc. Sometimes I play some extra bars to get to a divisible by 4 number of bars if I just can't get it to train right. This 4, 8,12, etc thing may be superstition on my part but has worked for me when all else fails.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  12. Chunkocaster

Thanks, I'll give it another shot when I set it up through the acoustic amp and get it sounding decent. I think I might use a demo like the pgs one and copy what he does to get a feel for it and get a handle on how to program it before attempting more complicated songs.

GuitLoop likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.