Filthy Bass Lines

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
I always loved how the bass player pulls the groove together. The rest of the band is pretty good too.

A often overlooked fav player. Colin Moulding is one of my main influences in my bass playing. The end is epic, and I think of it often when playing bass.

Honestly, the drummer is the star of the show by a wide margin, but the bass player ranks second IMO, and I love Krantz! The insanity of this track makes me very happy. This track was recorded live in the club with just two mics!

Double Stop

Tele-Afflicted
This has got to be my favorite Sly groove. It’s just filthy funky, tight yet super slinky and elastic sounding. The syncopation between the bass and the snare and high-hat is soooooo good. Rusty Allen just nails it on the bass here. The lines he plays during the verses are so well placed as to not step over the vocals. Just a killer feel.

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Considering all those years I gigged as a bass player, I don't have anything to offer here other than the memory of Entwhistle's solo echoing off the Flatirons in Boulder during "My Generation". It really was something to behold, and I doubt I would have caught it had it not been for the lousy nosebleed seats. I don't think anyone on the lower levels could have heard it.

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Here’s Pino Paladino out shining the tune and making magic out of drek again. Love the octave fretless bass sound he had. His work DiAngelo is stellar too.

Jon Deacon channeling his inner McCartney. Excellent.

I think Pino played on the Wham/George Michael hit I Don’t Want Your Freedom.
Wicked bass line on that!