1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fights and Fighting

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by burntfrijoles, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Ian T

Ian T Tele-Afflicted

I remember when I was a kid, one of my friend's fathers said something along the lines of that you can almost always foresee those situations coming and deescalate or avoid before it gets to that point. I've found this to be true.

2. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

Other than fighting a few times with my brother as a teen, my last real fight was in 5th grade.

3. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

Cameras are everywhere now in stationary form and in phones, tablets, etc., and it is easier for fights to be recorded and disseminated. There is some prospect that it skews our perception. But even with that in mind, I believe people are much less polite and more likely to engage in such large scale foolishness in the post modern era. That includes women, and I refrain from calling them "ladies".

See the recent video of the fight among the crass dullards at the Hard Rock in Hollywood, FL. It was a mixed gender affair.

4. zezone

zezone Tele-Meister

I had two 'fights' as an adult. One was a weird one where a guy simply didn't like the cover of the book (it was a 20th century history book!) I was reading on the tram and got pissed when I told him it was none of his business. It ended with me not exactly hitting him but pushing him away by his face.

The other one was more serious and I'm still apprehensive of ending up in a similar situation because I'm scared of both walking away and not walking away. Anyway, I was walking back from the gym at night and this young couple were arguing loudly on the empty street. It turned into a screaming match and suddenly the guy slapped his girlfriend so hard that the sound of it echoed off the buildings. I dropped my bag and shouted out some meaningless exclamation. The guy immediately turned on me and charged. I hit him first and he fell. I beat on him for a while then his girlfriend wrested me off the guy and dragged him away to a taxi that showed up.

I stood there shaking for a while and then picked my bag, and knees shaky from adrenaline, made my way home. Almost ten years ago but I still feel confused by that experience. I feel an odd mixture of pride and shame when I recall that incident. Anyway, I hate seeing aggressively arguing couples and quicken my pace now.

Harry Styron likes this.
  5. P-Nutz

P-Nutz Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Not really a fight, but a coupla years back Ms. Nutz and I got accidentally lit one Wednesday night after amblin’ down to the local watering holes. She carried me home piggy-back for four blocks (she’s 5-nothin’ and I’m 5’10 and 180).

Got home, and she threw me down on our gravel driveway, and we commenced to wrasslin’ for 20 minutes.

Was a lot of fun explainin’ the various scrapes and bruises the next day ...

6. esseff

esseff Tele-Afflicted

I saw a man hit a woman (wife or girlfriend) in a bar and a guy stepped in to stop it. They both turned on him! Some folks have a strange relationship...

7. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Tele-Afflicted

Being small, I got bullied in my 3rd world country schools. So, I decided to take up martial arts. Then, I don't end up in fights. Isn't that ironic?

However, flashing lights in a club tick me off. I ended up in a fistfight one time in a dance club in my college days.

I ended up learning more martial arts and fought competitively. I have stitches and broken bones here and there. I'm old now. I'm passing things on to my daughter now. She prefers impact and edged weapons, but dabbles into kickboxing. She competes in Brazilian Jiujitsu before COVID happened. It's all good.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.