FIGHT CLUB : Audio book

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
I've had viewers of fight Club tell all kinna'stuff and that's what it was just a myopic heap of that steamin' stinkin' stickin' to your shoe stuff, just that old every day stuff. I'm not claiming to have a corner on the truth of literary criticism, or modern American twentieth century literature, but lord Jah-eezus I can do better than some of the critiques of Chucks book.
You know those folks that said Train Spotting advocated and promoted Heroin addiction. Yeah the same bunch of knuckle heads. So get it from the horses word processor ,let Chuck tell you the story ,then decide for yourself.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzSPORT-PREVIEW-UFC-KO.jpg

Skully

Doctor of Teleocity
I've had viewers of fight Club tell all kinna'stuff and that's what it was just a myopic heap of that steamin' stinkin' stickin' to your shoe stuff, just that old every day stuff. I'm not claiming to have a corner on the truth of literary criticism, or modern American twentieth century literature, but lord Jah-eezus I can do better than some of the critiques of Chucks book.
You know those folks that said Train Spotting advocated and promoted Heroin addiction. Yeah the same bunch of knuckle heads. So get it from the horses word processor ,let Chuck tell you the story ,then decide for yourself.

View attachment 903803

I think I figured out what you're saying. For my money, the movie is much better than the book.

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
ain't it a rule, we don't talk about the fight club?

I don't think we can talk about Chuck Palahniuk, either, because no one knows how to pronounce his name. He's my elder daughter's favorite writer, or was last time she declared one.
"puh-LAH-nek" is how I heard him introduced he spoke in Bethesda, 2008. It was the book release event for Snuff; I didn't think much of that one, might be the last one of his I've read.

Lullaby is probably still my favorite.

upload_2021-9-28_14-21-23.png

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
I think I figured out what you're saying. For my money, the movie is much better than the book.
I appreciate that , though I wouldn't know having only gotten to the part were Tyler says
" I want you to hit me as hard as you can". I find the spoken word /audio book really funny.
I'd say a lot of the book so far was translate really well into a movie, so yeah I think I see why you might believe that.

Festofish

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Great movie! Mindblower. I listened to one of his books about Chinese spy kids infiltrating an American city. I forget the title but it was also fantastic!

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
Great movie! Mindblower. I listened to one of his books about Chinese spy kids infiltrating an American city. I forget the title but it was also fantastic!
Pygmy. That was the last one I read, not Snuff. It was pretty good, could've done without the whole thing being in first person pidgin; at least it wasn't an endless gross out like Snuff or Rant. I liked "Guts" appearance at the beginning of Haunted, but think he mined that material too much for a while after it started making people faint.

https://screenrant.com/chuck-palahniuk-guts-story-73-people-fainted-reason-explained/

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
ain't it a rule, we don't talk about the fight club?

I don't think we can talk about Chuck Palahniuk, either, because no one knows how to pronounce his name. He's my elder daughter's favorite writer, or was last time she declared one.

Brad and Edward talk about him in a response to all the outrage over the violence they know how to say his name, I certainly don't.
The first rule of fight club is you shot Tyler Durden!

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
My son was into Palahniuk a few years ago. He bought a bunch of his books used on EBay. I read “Fight Club” and a few others. I read Fight Club first and thought it was rough around the edges but creative and unique. By the fourth book it was like rereading the first three. Same plot with different characters and locations. I’ve had my fill. As an audiobook? Too dangerous to listen to in the car.