Fifth Force of Nature possibility

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
When my Dog farts, she can clear a room faster than a hand grenade.

My dog Lily does this. On more than a few occasions her stinky ass caused me to awaken from a sound sleep. About 1 notch away from being classified as a chemical weapon.

soulman969

Telefied
Ad Free Member
It's called the "holographic principle." Seriously! Look it up!

Ordinarily I would but because I often think I'm just a hoax or figment of my own imagination if I actually find out I'm right about that the psychological damage may be too much to over come.:(:( :D

Last edited:

soulgeezer

Poster Extraordinaire
Or, maybe we all just exist as part of a computer simulation. Physics is cool...and really weird :)

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/blogs/physics/2015/07/are-we-living-in-a-computer-simulation/

Or, maybe our entire universe is just one atom in the hand of a giant...

Gee, I guess I invented modern physics, when I was a stoned teenager listening to Cream's Disraeli Gears at my friend Chuck's house in 1979.

So, where's my royalty check????? :D

And, yes, I said that before I ever saw Animal House!

soulgeezer

Poster Extraordinaire
If this quote from Animal House is true:

Pinto: OK, so that means that our whole solar system could be like one tiny atom in the fingernail of some other giant being Giggle. This is nuts! That means that one tiny atom in my fingernail could be...

Jennings: ...could be one tiny little universe!

Pinto: Can I buy some pot from you?

...does that mean, every time I cut my nails, I'm guilty of multiple universe-level genocides?

See, that's why I don't smoke pot anymore!

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
It seems to be an interesting avenue for further study, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Physicists have been looking for a long time for what's seems to be missing in their not quite right "Standard Model of particle physics".

The one who figures it out gets a trip to Stockholm, so it is a popular search.

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
the whole universe is based on kaos theory and fractal math, the deeper you go in the more it stays the same the farther out you the more the principles remain , I read this on a box of Captain Crispies Cereal, I sent in 3 box tops and got a wolf whistle. along with a periodic table showing all of the new man made elements on it like balonium, a high energy element made from rendered wiener water.

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
the relivence of this information if correct will pole vault technology far into the future , how ever if they are wrong we will have at least 2 generations of mis-information taught to our kids, before we recover, 85 years ago there was only one galaxy, and it was thought to be the universe.

boredguy6060

Poster Extraordinaire
The universe is a very vast and complicated place.
We know about an inch of a story that's a billion miles long.
Almost all of this universe is totally hostile for humans.
We are the oddity trying to survive by our wits alone.
The universe will certainly survive, the big question is if we will or not.
The good news is the universe doesn't need us to understand anything about it for it to go on doing whatever it does.
But we humans will never quit wondering what all this is for, if not for us.

Darkness

Tele-Afflicted
The universe is a very vast and complicated place.
We know about an inch of a story that's a billion miles long.
Almost all of this universe is totally hostile for humans.
We are the oddity trying to survive by our wits alone.
The universe will certainly survive, the big question is if we will or not.
The good news is the universe doesn't need us to understand anything about it for it to go on doing whatever it does.
But we humans will never quit wondering what all this is for, if not for us.
Per current scientific research, the universe isn't eternal. It won't survive either, but at approximately 17 billion years left in it's existence, give or take a billion or so, it will most likely outlast us. I'd love to know how it erupted from null though. Big Bang theory is, in fact, something from null in action. Powerful stuff indeed.

Last edited:

mojz

Tele-Meister
all very fascinating but cant help feeling all this money/brain power could be spent doing something more useful like solving world hunger or discovering why my chewing gum loses its flavour on the bedpost overnight

Darkness

Tele-Afflicted
all very fascinating but cant help feeling all this money/brain power could be spent doing something more useful like solving world hunger or discovering why my chewing gum loses its flavour on the bedpost overnight
All for one, and one for all. Problem solved.

I got nothing for the gum though.

:)

4pickupguy

Doctor of Teleocity
I still think all this (our existance) is some mean joke being played on us by Winston, (Mrlumbuhrg's cat), and we really ARE trapped inside the Threadkiller thread....

Last edited:

soulgeezer

Poster Extraordinaire
the whole universe is based on kaos theory and fractal math, the deeper you go in the more it stays the same the farther out you the more the principles remain , I read this on a box of Captain Crispies Cereal, I sent in 3 box tops and got a wolf whistle. along with a periodic table showing all of the new man made elements on it like balonium, a high energy element made from rendered wiener water.

KAOS theory?...

Would you believe two box tops? One box top and a penny taped to a postcard? 99! Get down! Siegfried, you devil! :D :p

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
You may have a point here, but for some reason there is a mass panic about getting life off of the earth right now, maybe there is some thing we dont know about or havent been told.

example: Look up Apophis in April 2036
http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/apophis/

warning: avoid large space potatoes that fall from the sky at high velocities