Few new ideas on my build

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by SacDAve, Dec 29, 2014.

1. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Well I’m ready to complete my 5E3 thought I try a couple ideas I had, sure I’m not the first. On this one I made my own turret board I added about an inch to the length, added a couple turrets (blue tape) one is for splitting the 25uF cap & 1.5K resistors for negative FB switch. On the inside of the chassis I glued a 1/64” rubber mat for insulation. I also drilled some holes under the FC location, after the FC were installed I shot a little silicone to keep them from vibrating, Not sure if it matters but some people anchor them can’t hurt.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  2. SacDAve

On the heater/filament wires I put a single feed wire to the F/H I like how neat it looks . I painted liquid rubber over the splice , the shrink tube also goes under the joint on the chassis I glue some rubber matt. I like how neat it looks and only exacto knifed myself twice removing the insulation.

Attached Files:

3. SacDAve

On the tone pot I put the .0047 cap to the first lug on the Volume. On the other 5E3’s I put it to the ground buss so I’ve seen others go to the V pot so I thought I’d try it.

Attached Files:

4. onenotetom

onenotetom Tele-Afflicted

Reminds me of my old dirt bike riding days. A great day riding was when the casualties were kept to a controllable number.:lol: Great idea on the extra turrets by the way!

5. jonrpick

jonrpick Friend of Leo's

I like your heater wires. A LOT.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.