Fenton Weill Blackstar

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by brud, Oct 20, 2019.

1. brud

brud NEW MEMBER!

Hello

I have just purchased a Fenton Weill Blackstar guitar amp - circa 1963.

I am finding it difficult to find a schematic , can anyone help me.

Cheers

2. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Welcome, brud.
    There doesn’t seem to be much help out there...at least in a quick search. There is a Fenton Weill amp club here, but there only a few posts..and no info. You have probably found this site, but there is no schematic info there, Either.
    http://www.vintagehofner.co.uk/britamps/fenton.html

it would seem that your amp will need to be in the hands of an experienced tech who can work without a schematic.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  3. Wally

Got any pics...especially good shots of the circuit???

4. Mgeek

Mgeek TDPRI Member

Can you post a pic?

I'm a long time collector of Fenton Weill gear, but it's all pretty obscure, so I'd say the chances of finding a schematic are next to zero.

They made a huge variety of stuff, including several amps that are identical circuit wise but with different speakers, and several circuit boards that were multi purpose depending on how they were wired up.

Has it got reverb? They dealt with that in a different way to everyone else, ie there was an entirely separate amp and speaker that put out the reverbed signal, built into the same combo!

5. Wally

just an observation, but if I were an avid collector/user of amps that have no schematics available, I would have schematics of whatever those amps were. If I could not draw them from the circuit, my tech would have been compensated for such work. Ommv.... I resurrected an obscure amp a few months ago. There is no known schematic for this amp. I drew one up after I heard the amp at work because I wanted to see how the tone controls were arranged. Why? Because the amp acted like no other amp I have ver played through, and I wanted to see the schematic.

6. Mgeek

Mgeek TDPRI Member

Yeah my milage varies ;)

More interested in the guitars, and me plus soldering irons is...not good!

7. Wally

So, you have an amp tech then,right? That tec would need to know their way around without a schematic. If they can do that, they can draw the schematic up, that schematic would be worth paying for if I had the amp and did not do my own work. So..my mileage varies, too! (;^)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.