1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fender's recent price adjustments

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Danomo, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Danomo

Danomo Tele-Holic

I've noticed a trend over the last few years from Fender, and I think it MAY be a predictor for models (mostly amps) that are about to be dropped.

If you see models from the Big box retailers that are suddenly out of stock/backordered at the same time Fender drops "suggested price" to street price, it's got less than a year. It happened with the FM212R, the Previous line of Rumble amps, just recently with the Mustang Floor, Bronco 40, and now the entire Mustang line has been repriced at street.

I just ordered a Bronco 40 (though I wish there had been a Bronco 80 or 100) because of my experience with my MIII, I'd hate to see them drop the line. While I don't like the thought of having an orphaned product, I'd rather see them revamp and re-release them than round file the line.

I think I'm going to scoop a mustang floor up before they're history (Sweetwater and Amazon still have 'em).

2. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

Interesting observation... Could be.

Is there more than one version of the Mustang Floor?

A friend of mine bought one and brought it by my place to check out. It looked really nice, but side by side with a Boss ME-70, the Boss sounded much better.

It wasn't subjective... It was obvious. The Boss had more transparent overdrives, better dynamics, and it sounded more "amp like" while the Mustang Floor sounded more like a processor.

My friend brought his back the next day and got an ME-70... From everything I've heard, the new ME-80's are even better.

If there were more than one version of the Mustang Floor, that would explain my friend's experience...

3. Danomo

Danomo Tele-Holic

Having had a MIII since it came out, I can tell you the presets are good, but the amp comes alive with just a little tweaking (often repeated here about the floor as well). I've got a tweaked '65 setting my pianist daughter says gives her the chills when playing blues on it.

It's been offer reported the floor does better on an amp with a flat response (like a bass amp or PA). If your bud was just spinning the preset dial, he was missing out on some serious goodness of a floor modeler.

4. JayFreddy

That could be it. We were comparing patches that I had personally programmed into the Boss with the Mustang's factory patches. However, I have a Super Champ X2 that I love, and supposedly the "modelling engine" for the X2 is the same as the MIII, but the Mustang Floor sounded nothing like my Super Champ. As I said, it makes me wonder if there isn't more than one version of the Mustang Floor.

5. Danomo

Danomo Tele-Holic

No, only one. When the MkII's came out for the amps was when Fender lowered the floor price down to street ($199). No floor MK II

6. Danomo

Danomo Tele-Holic

I think I know what direction they are heading now...

I recently received a Fender user survey to participate in, and I think I know what direction they are going next via two of the last two questions.

Attached Files:

7. JayFreddy

:D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.